CBR1100XX.org Forum

F.I????

WHENDEATHCOMES

hit a bump the other day and my F.I. light came on and now the bike is running way rich and seems to be missing on some cylinders at diff rpms.. lugs off the start then winds up like she should till about 6 grand and then falls flat on her face?? anybody had this happen to them??

Most people put PC's on their bike for fixing fueling problems, not extra HP. It fixes an assortment of problems such as the dreaded FI snatch of a closed throttle, or running hot because of a lean mixture etc. If you spend your money on "sound" you will probably need a PC to get it running right again.

Like OZDave said, there are other reasons besides power. I've heard that it smooths out fuel delivery across the entire power range, so you don't have the typical flat spots you might otherwise have. It also smooths out power delivery for less jerky throttle response, and can, depending on the map used, give better gas mileage. I'm used to my XX without a PC, but I've thought about trying it out to see what everyone is talking about.

Can I just ask why people put power commanders on their bike? I mean how fast do you really want to go? The bird has so much balls stock, I am amazed why people do this...but thats just me I guess...I would spend my money on sound... :icon_eek:

Because even a stock bike can benefit from a PC. Since I have installed mine my fuel mileage has went up. My throttle response is smooth as silk. I don't know if I gained any extra HP or not yet. But either way my bike is running the best it ever has. I checked my fuel mileage from this past weekend ride doing just under 900 miles total. Going to WV my bike was getting 43.4mpg and thats all backroads, no slabbing. Thats up from 38 - 39 mpg

So in all reality my power commander is slowing paying for itself. :icon_wink:

Can I just ask why people put power commanders on their bike? I mean how fast do you really want to go? The bird has so much balls stock, I am amazed why people do this...but thats just me I guess...I would spend my money on sound... :icon_eek:

Because even a stock bike can benefit from a PC. Since I have installed mine my fuel mileage has went up. My throttle response is smooth as silk. I don't know if I gained any extra HP or not yet. But either way my bike is running the best it ever has. I checked my fuel mileage from this past weekend ride doing just under 900 miles total. Going to WV my bike was getting 43.4mpg and thats all backroads, no slabbing. Thats up from 38 - 39 mpg

So in all reality my power commander is slowing paying for itself. :icon_wink:

+1 on what all these guys said,

I watched real close while Dynojet was tuning the fuel map for my bike and the stock mapping has some lean spots as well as some rich spots albeit minor compared to other models and this is why other models will gain a bunch of lost power due to the stock fuel mapping not being as good as the Birds.

The stock map on mine had a minor 5Krpm flat spot, the PC with proper dynotuning erased it.

I think the real question is: Is it worth 300-400$ worth of equipment/work for the minor benefit?

As Krypt said his will pay for itself........

I'm not that good at math to figure out how long it will take. :icon_lol: