CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hid Low Beams and headlight modulator

Toynut

I plan to install a half HID H7 kit on my low beam so that I will be able to run a modulator on my high beam stock halogen capsule.

I was wondering if anyone has figured this out yet, as the low beam typically stays on with the high beam? A Kisantech headlight modulator should work (I use them on all my bikes), but I want to minimize/avoid cutting and resplicing headlight wiring if at all possible. :icon_doh: Do you have to split the headlight circuits to be independent of each other?

Any ideas before I start to dig in to the wiring circuits would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone else has done this, what Kisan modulator kit did you end up using? :icon_biggrin:

The high and low beam bulbs/wiring are separate from the factory. Install the modulator to the high beam wiring, and the HID to the low beam. Do a search for the HID group buy for install info

Edit:

Group buy thread resurrected, scroll down on this page

I have used signal dynamics modulators in the past, though I prefer the Kisan plug and play units for their ease of installation. Has anyone used a Kisan in this particular combination yet? If so, which model (part #), did you install ?

BTW bhanxx,

Your still lighting off the low beam(HID), as well as flashing the high beam (on the modulator) at the same time, right?

I have used signal dynamics modulators in the past, though I prefer the Kisan plug and play units for their ease of installation. Has anyone used a Kisan in this particular combination yet? If so, which model (part #), did you install ?

BTW bhanxx,

Your still lighting off the low beam(HID), as well as flashing the high beam (on the modulator) at the same time, right?

Yep, no problem. I rarely ride at night when i can use hi, so i just did the lo HID which works fantastic for nite riding and i run modulating hi during the day. The yellowish modulating halagon hi really contrasts with the white bright HID lo and makes u conspicious.

Oh yeah, the Signal Dynamics modulators are more difficult to install, but ya gotta luv da extra features and flexibility.

I have the Comagination unit on mine. I have it hooked into high beam, HID is low beam. I have the low beam switched, so I do not have to run it during the day.

I am sure the modulator makes me annoying as stink on rides. Doug, what do you think? Did the modulator make my ass look fat yesterday?