CBR1100XX.org Forum

What grips do you use?

silverbird1100

I've been using foam, sanded down a little to reduce the diameter but lately the bars have been awfully buzzy. Much more so than when the bike was newer. Is there a general consensus for which material works best for damping vibration? I've got some HVMP bar ends that are heavy as hell but that didn't do a thing.

Are the BMW's anything specal?

Yeah, they are probably expensive.

Amazingly enough, they are not! This last set I picked up for my FJR was like $13/pair.

Though I suspect they are the only reasonably priced BMW part ever made.

2 o-rings and the oil filler cap seat were only $5. I was surprised.

I use gel grips. I find that they are a pain to install so that there is no gap at the bar ends. If you cut it too long, it makes the throttle stick, too short and it looks like hell. Then it slides a round a bit especially if you use tie downs on the bars.

Otherwise worth it :]

anyone have a reliable source for the bmw grips? I want to give em a whirl...so far the best ones i have found are spider grips but the colors fade in the sunlight :(

Right: 32721458396

Left: 32721458395

I get all my stuff from BMW of Denver (Karson in parts is THE MAN) but any BMW shop should have them or be able to get them.

• 2 months later...

I tried to order a set of these gripos today from my local BMW dealer and was quoted $32 aus for the left hand side and $65 aus for the rh side(which apparently has the throttle sleeve installed and comes as the one part) I think $90 odd dollars aus is a bit much for something which may not do the job.

Does anybody have any contacts in the US who would ship over here or would another kind member be good enough organise some and send em to me?. I would be really appreciative if somebody could help me out!

Cheers,

Keith :icon_cool: