CBR1100XX.org Forum

BMW SPORT GRIPS

TIM

I saw these on Warchild's bike photo and he told me what they were, just had to track down the part number (which took me a bit, no bmw anywhere near here) so I thought I'd post it.

they are far better than the stock grips, and even better than the superbike grips which I've used for a long time. they aren't flat, they are fatter in the mid grip area. these are from a k1200lt, for standard 7/8" bars.

bmw part #

32 72 1 458 395

32 72 1 458 396

pricey, $9 each.

:cycle:

fb715e19.jpg

• 1 month later...

Are these the only BMW grips any of you have tried? I seem to remember one one of the boards/lists I'm on that someone found a set of BMW grips that were great. Anybody remember?

Are these the only BMW grips any of you have tried?  I seem to remember one one of the boards/lists I'm on that someone found a set of BMW grips that were great.  Anybody remember?

Most likley me, been using these grips for the last 6 years , first on my ST-1100, then on the bird, the grips on the bird have over 50,000 miles them drove another bird which had gel grips on, K12 grips are far supieror in my opinion

Harry

I didn't like them, they started to harden after time and look brittle.

Say whaaaaaaat? I had the same set of grips on my ST1100 for 7 years and 225,000 miles, and they were as soft and supple the day I sold the bike as the day I put them on!

Same with the BMW grips on my Blackbird... installed the day I pick up the bike. 3 year/60,000 miles later, they're the same.

These grips are most definitely The Shit. That's why they are far and away the #1 choice among the hard-core Iron Butt veterans. It was one of the very first farkles I did to the FJR:

grip2.jpg

Though I did have to tweak the Yammy left switch housing to remove the gaps (the Yammy hand grips are 135mm long, a good 9-10mm longer than both the Honda and BWM grips). But the whole process came out exceptionally well: http://www.superblackbird.com/fjr/grips.html

Hey this thread really fits in with somthing I was just thinking about today.

A. I need some new grips.

2. Is there any trick to taking my throttlemeister off. It seems like I remember someone saying somthing about the throttle side possibly coming apart (in a bad way) but I can't remember.

D. Hookers

7. Is it just me or are the grips on the XX a tad on the narrow side? I'm pretty sure my hands are about average. I wear L-XL gloves but the grips seem like my hands just barely fit.

I have the sport grips on my K1100, and they're holding up just fine after 36,000 miles, still soft and no signs of wear. They're a little larger in circumference than the 'Bird grips, which I appreciate.

Like, something out of the Dennis Kirk catalog?

No, like something from Cycle Gear.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/newhome.html?/mod...gelgrips.html&2

I thought I had pics, but guess not. I tried a few and found that the ones with holes all over them are MUCH more compliant than the solid ones.