CBR1100XX.org Forum

Break-in question

XX4me

I would run it after the 600 mile change.

Synthetic oil by itself isn't any more "slippery" than dyno oil, preventing the rings from seating....the only reason that I would wait until after 600 miles is purely for economic reasons, since it costs more than dino oils.

Is there a reason why you want to switch to synthetic? Are you going to race the bike?

:twisted: Yes, every time I take her out, I am going to ride her like I am trying to rape her :twisted:

Actually I switched over at the 4k mile mark.. I don't run my bike hard till the group I ride with hit the mountains. Then I stay in 3rd mostly and wring her neck. There is the occasional 2nd gear wringing, but thats for the really really tight stuff, but have found out that 2nd is too much for alot of corners and 3rd isn't enough.. :sad: might try a gear change this winter. Most of the time ( 90%) 3rd is good, just powering out of corners in 2nd tends to give a slip or two every now and then. :wink:

Dave