CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil filter

blacksheep

• 1 month later...

A little trivia for you... the XX and the GL1800 (GoldWing) take the same oil filter... and brake pads.

That is great to know as we just bought a GL1800 a few months ago. Sure makes it easy when I need filters and pads!

ok semi-related question:

is it necessary to remove the lower cowling to change the filter? i'm lazy. :icon_razz:

It's not a necessity, but I still remove both lowers when changing oil. It keeps everything cleaner, and makes it easier to check for leaks afterward.

No, Chris just worries that the oil filter case might be cracked after he torques it on.....

I thought that was N1k !!!

I ended up buying the $8 Honda oil filter remover thingy. It's saving me 30min. an oil change by not having to remove any plastic!

how does that work exactly????????? i bought one too, and there isn't enough room behind the headers to even fit the socket wrench and oil filter screw. this is driving me crazy, all i want to do is change the damn oil... :icon_wall:

EDIT: ok nevermind... a normal wrench seems to work just fine.