CBR1100XX.org Forum

Where to Buy Frame Plugs

sokanxx

I think I rememebr seeing a Blackbird with a set of frame plugs that matched the allen head pattern on the faring bolts. Where do you buy the frame plugs. It looked like they fit into the two rather large holes on each side of the frame. I was wondering where I can buy a set

I purchased a set of these plugs via an ebay sale. There aren't any listed right now, but as

I recall, he makes only a few at a time and puts them up on ebay when he has a few sets.

You might try contacting him directly to see if/when he'll have more. Here is the contact

information I had from when I purchased mine:

Alexander Callas

sandman900ss@hotmail.com

They look really sharp; I get a lot of posititve comments about them.

it was one of the guys at nexxt- i was wondering the same thing but forgot to post about it.

maybe it was sr71xx? his name was mike, i think.

i just haven't heard from him regarding getting some of those made. i think that he said that he had a guy to do it.

brett

I had my custom one's made from Mickcbr1100 (i think that was his member name). He lived across the pond and made just a few set a year. They were of great qualityand design. I wish he was still around, need another set myself :icon_pray: .

I had my custom one's made from Mickcbr1100 (i think that was his member name). He lived across the pond and made just a few set a year. They were of great qualityand design. I wish he was still around, need another set myself :icon_pray: .

Mick is active on the "BIRD" site that Jaws runs. Go to their site and send him a PM and maybe I can bring them back with me since he is always at the BASH each year.

Mick is active on the "BIRD" site that Jaws runs. Go to their site and send him a PM and maybe I can bring them back with me since he is always at the BASH each year.

all right, you all know i'm new here so please excuse my ignorance, what are frame plugs and what do they do? send me a message if you would. thanks, jim

all right, you all know i'm new here so please excuse my ignorance, what are frame plugs and what do they do? send me a message if you would. thanks, jim

They are nylon caps that fit into the two frame holes located on each side of the frame.

Here's a set of the left-side frame plugs installed; I scored these from Jaws many years ago:

IPB Image

Thanks guys- I'm the person who makes the aluminum frame plugs that I sold on eBay. I never posted them as available here, as the stated commercial selling policies won't work for me- I'm just a long time XX owner who custom makes these at home as a labor of love, so to speak. I offer them in a raw machined finish, or gloss black PPG painted, or highly polished.

I'd be glad to discuss making a set for any owners out there, and I appreciate all the great feedback I've recieved from others! I suspect I'll be firing up the lathe and the chips'll be flying...

Alex Chicago area

sandman900ss@hotmail.com

post-588-1144610991_thumb.jpg

post-588-1144611153_thumb.jpg

How much would a set cost us Alex? They look great and there may be several guys interested if you want to sell a few sets.

I'd really like a set as well maybe we should see about getting a few sets...

John, It's been a while since I've vistied that site...

Linky?

Ps... what's Mick's member name over there?

EDIT:

Nevermind... I think I found it off of JAWS's site.

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/forum/

I'd be in for a set as well, depending on the price.

I'm getting water accumulating in those holes when I'm parked at work! :icon_evil:

Probably no real harm, but I don't want frame mounting bolts rusting in their holes!

John, It's been a while since I've vistied that site...

Linky?

Ps... what's Mick's member name over there?

EDIT:

Nevermind... I think I found it off of JAWS's site.

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/forum/

You found it !! Mick's name is the same there as it is here.

John

I used the frame plugs from a 919. They are cheap, at least they were when I got them(under $5). They need a little RTV to hold them in place but it covers the holes and look like they belong there.

They are nylon caps that fit into the two frame holes located on each side of the frame.

Here's a set of the left-side frame plugs installed; I scored these from Jaws many years ago:

IPB Image

We sell these and the silver ones as well in the merchandise-shop of the Dutch Blackbird Owners Club.

Check out: http://bb.superblackbird.info/viewtopic.php?t=20

If you are interested in a group-buy, please let me know.

I just emailed you about a set in the Natural finish. I didnt know if it would be better to contact you here on the board or threw your email. Either way I apprecate the cool product you provide. It will really clean up one of the few eyesores on the XX. How do your plugs mount in the hole? (oh i'm probibly asking for it by putting plug, mount and hole in the same sentence on this board) - Elliot

I just emailed you about a set in the Natural finish. I didnt know if it would be better to contact you here on the board or threw your email. Either way I apprecate the cool product you provide. It will really clean up one of the few eyesores on the XX. How do your plugs mount in the hole? (oh i'm probibly asking for it by putting plug, mount and hole in the same sentence on this board) - Elliot

I used a little high temperature, non-hardening gasket material to hold these in the holes. Worked

fine and I can remove them easily should the need arrise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys-

Here's a pic of how the mirror polished set looks. Sorry I can't do a group buy on them, though- if I was just programming a $300K CNC machine I would, but as I said I'm just a long time XX enthusiast making aluminum chips fly at home at night on an old South Bend lathe. Any less than $80/set, and my time works out to less than Walmart compensation- hope you can understand!

Drop me a line if interested: sandman900ss@hotmail.com

post-588-1146590785_thumb.jpg