CBR1100XX.org Forum

D.I.D. Gold Chain.

DaveK

I must tell everyone....

The DID Gold chain is a very nice looking chain. Classy. You guys should have seen me waxing and polishing the little outer gold links with a Q-tip last night :shock:

Only kidding !

I must tell everyone....

The DID Gold chain is a very nice looking chain. Classy. You guys should have seen me waxing and polishing the little outer gold links with a Q-tip last night :shock:

Only kidding !

How did you get a D.I.D Gold chain? They do not make a DID gold rated for the 1100 CC, You got one for a 1000 at best!

That is why I bought a regena Gold chain. DID only makes the black chain for the 1100CC class.

Just thought I would let you guys know that, but you already know that, HUH?

I called DID and the support department said that the 530 VM is way more than fine for the XX... You are referring to the 1000 CC limit the VM has ? I questioned that as well......But they said no problem.

Yes that is what I am referring to, I did not want to take any chances myself so I bought one that was rated for my bike.

Just to be on the safe side, you never know if something happens, Well they do not have to stand behind the warrenty.

If the chain snaps and something goes wrong you can't say it was their fault because it is not rated for the 1100cc, do you know what I mean? LOL

Yes that is what I am referring to, I did not want to take any chances myself so I bought one that was rated for my bike.

Just to be on the safe side, you never know if something happens, Well they do not have to stand behind the warrenty.

If the chain snaps and something goes wrong you can't say it was their fault because it is not rated for the 1100cc, do you know what I mean? LOL

Im running a ERV-2 520 chain on the 929---about 5K track miles(hard miles)---damn thing hasnt stretched one tiny little bit-----pretty impressive--I am NOT sure what chain came stock on the XX---but it stretches like a rubberband compared to the ERV-2