CBR1100XX.org Forum

Review: Blue Mirrors

sibber

Short story: Cool but not "all that."

Full RevieW: Well I got tired of waiting for the supposed discount we'd get from being and orr-gan-ize-ation and ordered up the DSP blue mirrors from magical racing in yip-pan on the web. See also http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/LineUp/97_0...r1000xx_en.html I haven't seen the charge hit my card yet (been 4 weeks) but those crazy nips sent me the mirrors sent priority on a sunday delivered from USPS, wrapped in nipponese newspaper. They stick right over your exsiting mirrors but are concave at the center. Excellent clarity, but they attract dirt very easily for some reason, probably a grounding thing. Also not the extra view I would expect for 55 bucks for stick ons. but when you pull up behind a beemer or a benz you can see your mirrors color (blue-ish) match. The outside edge of the lense which is visible in the center of your stock. After application is not a clean finish. The edge in the center sticks out and mixes white coating with glass with blue, if you're into fine details. I sill always give a quater second look to the space I'm going to occupy. If it's clear, then just goose it.

I bought a fender from Magical. I ordered it on a Monday, and it was at my door on that Thursday Morning. 2 days (I ordered it in the afternoon my time) from Japan to my door, and it was packed with Japanese newspaper. Crap they are fast, and very nice via Email. J

I've got a set as well, been enjoying them for about 3 months now...

I haven't seen the charge hit my card yet (been 4 weeks) but those crazy nips sent me the mirrors sent priority on a sunday delivered from USPS, wrapped in nipponese newspaper.

They probably just made the exchange error, using $1 = 1 yen, and your card company's trying to figure out that $6,500 charge... :shock:

Excellent clarity, but they attract dirt very easily for some reason, probably a grounding thing.

If ya go a little faster, they clean very easily in the wind... :grin: I drive a lot in the city, and they stay remarkably clean - not much spotting from rain, etc either

After application is not a clean finish. The edge in the center sticks out and mixes white coating with glass with blue, if you're into fine details. I sill always give a quater second look to the space I'm going to occupy. If it's clear, then just goose it.

The convex nature DOES take a bit of getting used to if you're accustomed to the flat mirror only. I don't have a cage, so it took a few weeks to re-train my lane changing habits (I go faster now :twisted: )... Mine fit quite well though, and it's definitely a plus if you spend a lot of time commuting - they do increase the lateral field of vision...

Hows about some pics of your bird.

I have blue mirrors and no dgital camera. Figure that one out.

and your wife  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

and no wife either

extra points for naked pics (of your wife)

that goes with saying.

send me a camera and your wife and I'll take care of the rest :twisted: