CBR1100XX.org Forum

chain and sprockets

kiwimack

G'day,

new to this ..........have a 97 bird, just under 50,000 miles. have spruced the bird up and is back to as new tghe last time I had the chain and sprockets changed the stealer did it will install me own chain and sprockets this time..problem is where do I get a set from.am in NY

cheers.

Guest rockmeupto125

If your dealer changed your rear sprocket with a Honda rear, you probably don't need it changed yet. Examine it closely.

Your dealer can order you the parts.

Or you can order the Honda parts from RonAyers or Hondadirectline. You will get a discounted price on OEM merchandise from those outlets, but you may wait a few days to a few weeks for those parts.

Kiernanracing.com is in NJ, but their website catalog doesn't come up for me right now. Perhaps others might chime with their local favorites...there's enough of you out on the island. Otherwise, you might peruse our vendors section for some recommendations.

Most folks don't use the stock Honda sprockets due to the cost. Front AFAM sprockets are typically not much over $20. No dire effect has been noted from using them, but many riders report more chain whine with using an undampened sprocket. Aluminum rears tend to wear very quickly, and have been noticed to spit out teeth under strong acceleration.

The stealer near me in Bridgeton NJ wanted around $250 for the Honda chain kit. 2 Honda sprockets and a D.I.D. chain. I would spend the extra money and get the Honda sprockets.

Are you the same Mack that helps Bob in his endeavors?

The stealer near me in Bridgeton NJ wanted around $250 for the Honda chain kit. 2 Honda sprockets and a D.I.D. chain. I would spend the extra money and get the Honda sprockets.

errrr yes.......... I'm not sure how much more s*** he can hang on the bird. never new there was so much you could squeeze into/onto the bird.................I think he's building up to a Gold wing

cheers

errrr yes.......... I'm not sure how much more s*** he can hang on the bird. never new there was so much you could squeeze into/onto the bird.................I think he's building up to a Gold wing

cheers

I heard he's adding a disco ball and a couple of strobe lights :icon_lol:

Be aware that the Honda chain kit may have a DID ZVS chain in it. It's a good chain, but it's not the same as the commercially available DID ZVM.

HAHAHAHA..

Bob you do have way too much shiz-nit on that thing...

Did you take off the hugger yet , cause it is only gonna keep rubbing on your undertail...

Well, welcome to the New york Bird crew..

Hope to ride with you soon..

Pete

ps . Bob how come you never call any more..

Spring is coming..

Kiwi,

Where on Long Island are you located? I was dealing with Fun Wheels Honda out in Medford on Rt112. Decent people and OK prices. Stay away from Freeport Honda on Sunrise Hwy.