CBR1100XX.org Forum

Larger Back Spocket

pdsw60

I'd like to hear from those of you that have tried a larger back spocket. What changes have you seen?

I haven't seen many rear sprockets that were much bigger, if you drop one on the front and go to a 16T it's like adding 3-4 teeth in the rear. Really makes the bike come alive and alot easier to lift the front end up, even if your not trying...

Lost some MPG, gained lots of acceleration.

Well, I should know when I get the Carrozzerria wheels from the GB. I ordered a rear sprocket with 46T, instead of the stock 45T. Didn't want to go very much lower and have to rev it much higher at highway speeds on trips, but did want just a tad more grunt. (I already have a speedo healer to install, so I figured I could easily even out the even greater overstated speed error in the speedo display.)

I am one down in front and one up in the rear (46). I wanted to try 47 rear in the last group buy but it didn't work out. With a stock front and one up in the rear, I don't think that you would be able to tell the difference. It is hard to get steel rear sprockets. If you want to go more than one tooth, I think it would be better to just do the front and it is cheaper also. If I rode long trips, I would leave it stock, I don't.