CBR1100XX.org Forum

How do I remove all the gas from the ttank?

XXFirefighter

Umm cap is 100% removed

I'm about to toss a match in it !

I would not go that far my friend!! But I know the feeling. What are you doing? Bad fuel, repainting?

Sending out to get repaired and shipping it UPS

from my lowside

Oh, forgot about that. Sorry. Hope you are doing better and it won't take to long to get it back.

Ken

EASY!

Plan a trip, about 195 miles; and then pass up the "last chance" fuel stop

before ending your trip.

:wink:

Just kidding!

As for that last drop in the bottom; I put a cotton towel in the tank to absorb the last bit before painting.

Pulled out the rag with a pair of pliers when through.

Also; I would be very careful to clean out the tank upon return from repair shop. Sometimes these shops use compound to polish after painting, and the powder can accumulate inside the tank and clog your fuel filter.

Since your getting the tank repaired, why not remove your fuel pump and filter prior to shipping (just in case) - and while the tanks out, change the filter. Don't forget to get a new gasket to remount the pump.

EASY!

Since your getting the tank repaired, why not remove your fuel pump and filter prior to shipping (just in case) - and while the tanks out, change the filter. Don't forget to get a new gasket to remount the pump.

The whole pump assembly is out. No need to change the filter, and is it really necessary to replace that gasket?

Unless it's torn ot otherwise damaged, no, it is not necessary to replace the lagre rubber gasket surrounding the fuel pump assembly.

I've had mine off a few times now, and it is still leak-free and performing as advertised.

EXACTLY what I Wanted to hear !

Thanks !