CBR1100XX.org Forum

Slip-on modifications

DeaconXX

I have a neighbor that likes to take his kawasaki Vulcan mean streak with drag pipes out for a ride around the block a few nights a week at about 10:30.

All of a sudden I don't care how loud my slip ons are. I have the newer style Erion's; how can I go about making them louder?

IIRC, tighter packing means more volume and looser packing means less volume, right? Where can I get some new packing?

Should I just get some D&D's and switch back and forth between them and my erions?

Jesus, I hate loud pipes on anything.

More and more places are banning motorcycles from riding, and yet, jerks like your neighbor continue to put flatulant exhaust systems on bikes on which the throttle is more a volume control than a speed increaser. WTF is the point?

Don't get me wrong, I think a top fuel Harley at full song is an awesome device. I just don't want its lesser bretheren going past my bedroom at night when I'm trying to get what little sleep and old man is allowed.

For the most part, the shitheads only leave the county twice a year and then they trailer the things 200 miles up to Daytona (insert whatever venue here). However tempting it may be to escalate the noise factor, be a better man and just throw shit at him next time he goes by. After the fist fight, explain that you find his exhaust noise offensive, in the nicest possible way, of course. Perhaps a straight pipe supository?

Here's the kicker I failed to mention:

He's a local cop!

Figures :?

At our last local show the cops raised the most hell :?

2 days before the show I was told by a local cop that if any of you sport bikers start raisng hell you're outta here

Maybe you should just paintball his ass as he goes by the only problem is he probably has more toys since he likes to shoot and is loud. I know a couple of guys that are cops the are the worst offenders of the law. They brag about busting people for speeding and I rode with one night never did the speed limit never stopped for stop signs but would pop you for 5 over GOD COMPLEX excellerated not all but alot

I guess nobody's modified their slip ons? Where can I get Erion pipe packing?

Well actually that 's not true...

I have modified a set of Yoshi's for my bike. But Had to change my original plan because I couldn't find anyplace to by the Ceramic packing.

Yes the Stock packing is more off a Ceramic Fiber than it is anything else... hence the reason it doesn't burn out like Fiberd Glass.

If you can find someplace that will sell you a large portion of the Ceramic packing for less than an arm and a leg. I'ld be interested in knowing who and where.

As for my cans, I ended up just cutting them down 3".

GoodLuck.

I have modified a set of Yoshi's for my bike

So, just how do they come apart? Can you just take the four screws from the end of the can and the tailpiece come off or do you have to take all of the screws out and the cover slides off? If you take the cover off, is it hard to get back on with the packing and all?