CBR1100XX.org Forum

How to I pushstart my bike?

Master Of Pain

4 years old it may be. Paint the bike red and do a whole lot less damage than that dude got and you have exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Asshat with bad brakes, no license and no insurance. He did have 350 bucks which allowed me to repair the broken fender and kept me out of jail for assault.

Short answer is LEO's and a lot of help from Progressive Insurance. Big props to them, BTW. They kind of acted as the intermediaries for me. I explained to the agent that I would happily get a lien against the vehicle he was driving (not his, BTW) and spend 10K if I had to to get my money.

In conversation with the LEO's we had enough to impound the truck, should have been done at the scene, get him some jail time on issuing a false statement, driving w/o license (revoked), driving w/o insurance, etc. In short, I could easily have made his life miserable.

I did have his home address and a bunch of other information such as the owner of the truck. A little pressure from the insurance company and a terse explanation from the adjuster involved convinced him it would be the cheapest $350 he ever spent.

Anybody have a stock rear fender for an '01 for sale?

Ed

Short answer is LEO's and a lot of help from Progressive Insurance.  Big props to them, BTW.  They kind of acted as the intermediaries for me.  I explained to the agent that I would happily get a lien against the vehicle he was driving (not his, BTW) and spend 10K if I had to to get my money.

In conversation with the LEO's we had enough to impound the truck, should have been done at the scene, get him some jail time on issuing a false statement, driving w/o license (revoked), driving w/o insurance, etc.  In short, I could easily have made his life miserable.

I did have his home address and a bunch of other information such as the owner of the truck.  A little pressure from the insurance company and a terse explanation from the adjuster involved convinced him it would be the cheapest $350 he ever spent.

Anybody have a stock rear fender for an '01 for sale?

Ed

Wow, ya sure let him off easy. I would have made damm sure to get every single nickle and dime out of him, and make sure his worthless ass wasnt back on the road without insurance and a license. I can't believe they didnt haul his ass off to jail..

It never ceases to amaze me that shit that people get away with here in Florida. I hear of so many stories of idiots getting into accidents or incidents who are not insured. Up in NY, if you get caught driving with out insurance, it's a manditory $500.00 fine. No if's and's or buts. I hear of these stories down here at least once a month. Retards. You should have reamed that guy a new asshole Ed. Learn him but good.

Living in Thailand the laws are a little less strict here.

Last cold season (relatively cold) I had to push my friend Boom about 40km on his steed up through some winding mountain roads and down some messed up hills because his throttle cable snapped.

We have used a Blackbird and a ZX-9 to bump start the back up truck before as well - I know the back up truck should be there for us but when some bloody idiot leaves the stereo on all night it can cause problems in the morning.