CBR1100XX.org Forum

H.A.R.D. Batteries

BeauXX

I have a Valentine One with a HARD light inside my helmet.

Works great, but it goes through a set of batteries every week or two.

I use it all the time, even around town. There are alot of bogey's (doors, alarms, etc) even on full logic so it's on alot. I turn off the HARD when I stop for any length of time (work, the night).

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have a Valentine One with a HARD light inside my helmet.

Works great, but it goes through a set of batteries every week or two.

I use it all the time, even around town. There are alot of bogey's (doors, alarms, etc) even on full logic so it's on alot. I turn off the HARD when I stop for any length of time (work, the night).

Is anyone else having this problem?

Cant you program out all the X-Band BS in the V1?? You can in the 8500--its all bogus and annoying--so is 99% of the K-Band--Ka is all real though in CA

Had the HARD installed for about 1000MILES, I have left it on so many times overnight I cant count, instructions say more than 15hrs left on without rest and it will toast the batts, however this is still going strong so I worry you have a faulty unit, I run on L-logic setting valentine 1 I wish you could turn off the X-band.

TC

Theyare the little watch type batteries so no to recharging as far as I know... An auto off would have been nice or a switch that was easier to slide on the helmet mount.

Had the HARD installed for about 1000MILES, I have left it on so many times overnight I cant count, instructions say more than 15hrs left on without rest and it will toast the batts, however this is still going strong so I worry you have a faulty unit, I run on L-logic setting valentine 1 I wish you could turn off the X-band.

TC

Theyare the little watch type batteries so no to recharging as far as I know... An auto off would have been nice or a switch that was easier to slide on the helmet mount.

Damn--I assumed they just used the Detector Power---I wonder why they didnt

Hey damn bad Karma,

The batteries went tonight no warning 1 month into it, 2x swiss batteries inside CR2032 , I wonder if the other off the shelf batteries will have same or worse life span.

Its the flaw of the system, pain to turn off and on and difficult to remember until you start paying for the batteries or missed radar attacks.

The transmitter runs of radar detector juice, the reciever is wireless so needs its own juice maybe solar panel on helmet would have been the way!

TC