CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mounting GPS

Mikey

I have a SPIII mounted on my XX using the mount that goes over the clutch mount bolts. I find that the GPS vibrates at higher rate of speeds and slightly bumpy conditions. I was thinking of drilling and tapping a couple holes and mount it off the top of my triple tree. Anyone have any other ideas?

i mounted mine the way vern did. no pixx, broken dig cam. do a search in the garage for gps mounting. there is a thread that starts off with the mount you have and vern posted a pic toward the bottom of the thread.

edited: here you go.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.p...ht=gps+mounting

Perfect. I mounted mine originally with that EZ mount but didn't like the angle and the height it produced. I mounted a small mount on the left side of the triple tree. The GPS sits right in the middle of the bars so it's nice. The only drawback is it's not simple to get at the key, have to pay attention. I'll post pics later.

Thanks!

Craig, am I missing something on the Stemstand web-site? I can only find a handle bar mount for the XX. Do they make a stand the fits the XX that mounts two the steering stem?

Ken

Ok, got it mounted. Here are three pics...hope they aren't too big.

Good clearence, not too obtrusive, and not obvious from the sides...

GPSmount001.jpg

Mount was nice and clean. I took the tripple tree off and used a drill press, then tapped the threads. I used metric of course (can't carry around two sets of tools). Works well....

GPSmount002.jpg

The rotation point is about center, so it doesn't hang over onto my tank. It works really well...not too much room to get at my key though :[

GPSmount003.jpg