CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil everywhere...

Obby

Can you believe it. I rode my bike to work as usual. After work I go to take off and notice a small puddle of oil under my bike, I look around... Nope, no Harley's around :headscratch:. WTF. Look under the engine. Yep, it's me. I have oil all on over the place. I check the oil level, decide it's enough to get me home. Once I get home, turn on the engine, look around. Oil starts seeping out of clutch cover gasket. W.T.F. How could this happen! Then it came to me... that's right... I was riding my Yamaha, not the Bird.

So it's just me and my Bird riding to work now. I bet she planned the whole thing :wink: .

I did that once.

I changed my oil on a Sunday, then drove to work on monday without tightening the oil drain bolt all the way. I went for a ride during lunch time and noticed a small oil patch where i was parked. So, when i shut the bike off, i wait a little bit and look at the bottom of my bike and see that there was oil around the drain plug. Thank God that it didn't fall out while i was riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've actually lost the drain plug and tossed oil over my back tire. Quite annoying really.

Then there was the time I didn't put the oil cap back on, and washed my bike....and the engine....