CBR1100XX.org Forum

YEAH FUCKERS! WHO GOT RID OF THE CLICKING???

bartonmd

THIS GUY! (and I guess everybody else who's replaced a CCT)

Had a tick, especially when cold, that I was getting worried may be a valve out of adjustment, but since it was only from right above idle to 4k or so, I was hoping it was the CCT...

Replaced it with a 2-green-dot CCT from the Service Honda and the clicking stopped completely!

Also, I found a way to still use the screwdriver/clip that comes in the new CCT to get the old one out... I put a towel on my vice and LIGHTLY held the CCT in the new CCT in the vice and took the stamped steel screwdriver thing out and used it to lock the old CCT from fully extending, and then put it back in the new one after I got the old one out... worked like a charm!

Mike

Feels good huh Mike?? I replaced mine with an X-11 CCT from Papa Joe at the 11K mile mark. I really didn't think it was bad, until I replaced it, then niiiicie and quiet 8)

Feels good huh Mike?? I replaced mine with an X-11 CCT from Papa Joe at the 11K mile mark. I really didn't think it was bad, until I replaced it, then niiiicie and quiet 8)

I believe my exact words were "holy fuckin' shit, that's awesome!" Yes... it feels OH SO GOOD!!

Mike

I believe my exact words were "holy fuckin' shit, that's awesome!" Yes... it feels OH SO GOOD!!

Mike

Yeah, but what are you trying to say??? :P

I miss you :oops:

I've got this annoying "buzzy" type sound @ about 3800 - 4000 rpm. Almost sounds like a lose fairing bolt or plastic rattling but all is tight.

Have had this for about 15K Km now. I have 32K Km on the XX.

Suspect CCT?

Kev

I've got this annoying "buzzy" type sound @ about 3800 - 4000 rpm. Suspect CCT?

Yes.

I've heard it described as marbles banging around in there. Described mine exactly. Comes from the right side.

YMMV, but after about 7k mile on my new, two dot CCT, I am begining to hear it again. :roll: Whatever. I've never heard of any type of serious failure. Just noisy is all.

CCT = ?

please translate for the acronnym challenged.

Dameon

CCT = Cam Chain Tensioner

The chain that drives your camshaft(s) from your crankshaft.

Kev

aahhh, I just turned 26K on my 99. I'll listen for it I guess. Is it something that comes on gradually or fairly quickly?

:needpics:

Mike,

you didn't happen to take some pics of yourself changing that out did you? and the little trick you describe?

Dameon

• 3 weeks later...