CBR1100XX.org Forum

Question for people with 2 Bros Slip-ons

Chawk60

Has anyone had vertical or horizontal alignment probelms while installing these? :?: The right side looks great but the left sits low and canted out to the right noticibly. There aren't too many ways the S-pipe can go on, but can't really figure out what the problem is. I'll take any suggestions or photos for insight.

Thanks in advance.

I used to have the C5 ovals. They did the same thing. Loosen the clamps at the mid pipes and start twisting. Should go fairly easy, if you have to start forcing things, stop and check all the clamps again. Sometimes a second pair of eyes helps. I found the longer I messed with them by myself, the worse they loooked :lol: Good luck :wink:

I used to have the C5 ovals. They did the same thing. Loosen the clamps at the mid pipes and start twisting. Should go fairly easy, if you have to start forcing things, stop and check all the clamps again. Sometimes a second pair of eyes helps. I found the longer I messed with them by myself, the worse they loooked :lol: Good luck :wink:

+1

I bought a set of used c5 ovals, i can never get the right one to stay straight. I have reset it many times, always ends up off a little. Really doesn't bother me much. Buddies always picking on me about it but i tell them if the had a real bike they might not always be behind me to notice it.

I bought a set of used c5 ovals, i can never get the right one to stay straight. I have reset it many times, always ends up off a little. Really doesn't bother me much. Buddies always picking on me about it but i tell them if the had a real bike they might not always be behind me to notice it.

I lined mine up and tightened the clamp down good and tight.

After I lined up the cans to make sure the were right, and on the bottom of the can I drilled a hole for a rivet where the mid pipe and can over lap. Hasn't moved a bit since....

I've got C-5's now and the right was doing that. I loosened all the clamps, put some black gasket sealer on the pipe joints, where the pipes slide together, slid everything back together, adjusted, hand tightend, adjusted again and then snugged everything back down. Hasn't really moved since.

I have 2 Bros Slip-ons. I found that when you install them, you have to be careful to align them so that they don't hit on the swingarm when the rear suspension compresses. Other friends of mine have complained about them leaving marks on the swingarm. Once I had them mounted I actually pulled them outward away from the swingarm. Other than that they are nice looking pipes & they sound awesome.

Hope this helps.

Pat.

Thanks to everyone who replied. After alot of tweaking and incrimental twisting of the sBends (with a micrometer) :wink: I've got them aligned (so it appears) from the rear.

I'll exhale when everything is tightened and finished..