CBR1100XX.org Forum

38 mpg???

Obby

This doesn't make much sense? After the HID install, I got 38mpg??? I've never got 38mpg. Always 36mpg or lower. Actually hit 200mi before refilling!!! :P

I did change the oil, i guess that could help, but nothing else was done .

I got right at about 49-50 mpg on my ride to Daytona and back. Average speed was about 95-105 mph most of the way. The return trip was from about 12am-3am. Little to no traffic.  

Rich

Dude that is impossible. You must have been rev'ing in the 6k or 7k range. The birds just don't get that kind of mileage at those rev's :? .

Ps. I put 40lbs. in the tires, now I'm getting just about 39mpg (mostly hwy).

I got right at about 49-50 mpg on my ride to Daytona and back. Average speed was about 95-105 mph most of the way. The return trip was from about 12am-3am. Little to no traffic.  

Rich

Dude that is impossible. You must have been rev'ing in the 6k or 7k range. The birds just don't get that kind of mileage at those rev's :? .

No, It's possible. It's basically all downhill. Lot's of air in tires, gear it high, wind at your back, get up to speed and just coast. :wink:

Rich

No, It's possible. It's basically all downhill. Lot's of air in tires, gear it high, wind at your back, get up to speed and just coast. :wink:

He's also on a 97XX. :wink:

until recently it was not possible on a FI bird. :twisted:

Sorry guys. My math was incorrect.

I filled up after going 158 miles. I put in 3.4 gallons of fuel. That's only 46.4705 mpg. Tire's propertly inflated. Fresh oil. No stops. Slowest speeds were 65-75 when going through known po-po radar areas.

Rich

Sorry guys. My math was incorrect.

I filled up after going 158 miles. I put in 3.4 gallons of fuel. That's only 46.4705 mpg. Tire's propertly inflated. Fresh oil. No stops. Slowest speeds were 65-75 when going through known po-po radar areas.

Rich

That's still incredible in my book. Hell, my XT600 only got 40mpg.

Hrmmm... Must be all the wheelies!

Looks like I'm going to have to look for a new bike soon...

Like one of these!!!

14burn2.jpg

I hear it get's 50mph :P

:roll:

For the record, I usually get in the neighborhood of 47-48mph with soft saddle bag tri-pack going 80-85mph indicated... At closer to 100, it's more like 45-46mpg...

Mike

That's about the same as my 98 XX, jetted on a dyno, K&N and stock muffs drilled out.