CBR1100XX.org Forum

DYNO results

indy500

I was at the dyno two weeks ago.. I'm happy with the bike, but am slightly disappointed with my results. 133.9 hp 79.1 torque. AF ratio is in the low to mid 13's. What that tells me is that there is very little room to improve. The bike feels great, especially with 25k on the clocks. I've ridden a Busa, and it's no Busa, but not far from it. I think it makes up for power with class.(can I get an Amen!). I am going to run the drag strip at IRP, when I get back from my honeymoon. I'll be sure to post my results.

I have read posts of 145 hp out of a carbed bird, with 15 years of tuning under my belt I don't see how. I would recommend checking credentials of all dyno operators. My bike is a '97 bird, and without the use of alternative fuels I could not possibly get another 10 hp out of her.

1997 Bird- Hindle full supersport exhaust- 150 mains- 3 turns out- Factory Pro needles- 3/32 slide drilling- K&N filter- +4 advanced timing- 800 feet above the sea...

I'll post the chart if someone tells me how, please. Brian

Bin doing some testing....

On a 99 bird, so far the testing is showing 13.4 : 1 at low R's is optimal and at the Higher R's you need around 12.8 : 1.

I'm still testing, so I can Not say for sure just exactly what is the best for the set up I have just yet.

Although I did gain about 8-10 mph on my top speed... at 150+ she started to lean out, she would drop from 12.8 to 13.1 : 1, so I had to richen up the top end. I got it back to 12.8 and she pulls much harder, But I have an FI bike, a K&N, Pipes, and a PCII...

and a DattaLogger. :wink:

Would Love to see your Dyno Chart.

PS. I out pulled (Top Speed) a stock 02 Busa a week ago... so the Bird isn't that far off in all reality.

:D

Ummm...

You guys have to remember that a dyno produces results that are skewed by altitude (air density issue), temperature (air density issue again) and skill of the operator.

Most operators don't have instruments to give them a correction factor to align the results to mean sea-level altitude, which produces huge inaccuracies.

When I had my CB900F dyno'd they initially produced results that showed my stock 900 putting out 113hp - 2nd run with corrections showed 84hp on the rear wheel, which I thought was fair at the time.

The operator showed me afterwards that they sometimes inflate output readings for obnoxious customers just to get rid of them quickly - he wasn't too polite :shock:

I recently got 134.5 rwhp and 79.5 fps torque at about 4000 feet uncorrected altitude on a moderately overcast day ie: medium/low ambient air pressure. A stock Busa on the previous weekend got 152 rwhp but only 58.5 fps torque. We can bust their asses all day long pulling hard out of the apex on almost any corner. :twisted: My stealership, hot rod, racer kid mechanic has said that a "buddy" of his that had a Bird simply changed cams and achieved a totally "Oh My God" difference in power.

I'm having those internal arguments :shock: about "voiding my warranty" and all that. Then I think about the fact that I haven't even seen a rolling redline in fourth gear yet... :roll: How much more horsepower do I want to have and not use? :roll: :lol::lol: Regardless...anyone done cams and have any proven suggestions?

I wanna put my 900F on the dyno too Brian. I'm actually expecting well over 100 rwhp...if not, I've wasted lot of time and money. :roll:

From what I have always read, dyno's very from machine to machine.  You might try another dyno before giving up.  Don't go by the magazine numbers because they are corrected as are the quarter mile times.

That's kind of like a fat person trying different scales until he finds one where he weighs less.

I recently got 134.5 rwhp and 79.5 fps torque at about 4000 feet uncorrected altitude on a moderately overcast day ie: medium/low ambient air pressure. A stock Busa on the previous weekend got 152 rwhp but only 58.5 fps torque. We can bust their asses all day long pulling hard out of the apex on almost any corner.  :twisted:  My stealership, hot rod, racer kid mechanic has said that a "buddy" of his that had a Bird simply changed cams and achieved a totally "Oh My God" difference in power.  

I'm having those internal arguments  :shock:  about "voiding my warranty" and all that. Then I think about the fact that I haven't even seen a rolling redline in fourth gear yet... :roll: How much more horsepower do I want to have and not use?  :roll:  :lol:  :lol: Regardless...anyone done cams and have any proven suggestions?

I wanna put my 900F on the dyno too Brian. I'm actually expecting well over 100 rwhp...if not, I've wasted  lot of time and money.  :roll:

Busa's have around 100lbs of torque, not sure how that one could have almost half.

Busa's have around 100lbs of torque, not sure how that one could have almost half.

Dunno about that... :roll: ...never seen any production Buzzard numbers before I saw the guys dyno sheet. I figured that he was wasting a lot of power just stroking those coffee can pistons up and down. :roll: :lol:

We ride together some and until he put a Hahn turbo on it a few weeks ago, I could outpull him pretty well.. :roll: ...the dude even weighs less than I do and my Bird could out accelerate in almost any situation with stock gears. Turbo has helped him out a bit after he gets it spooled up now...

Don't get me wrong :roll: I don't dislike the bike just because it is a Slowzuki...I dislike it cause it is butt fucking ugly... :lol: Looks like something a Teenage Mutant Nunya Turtle would ride... :lol:

I'm with ya' on how the Busa looks. However, a bone stock busa will put the hurt on a blackbird, any day of the week. I have logged quite a few miles on the Busa, and what I found was that it can do at 4000 rpm what our bikes need to be at 7000 to accomplish. After the 4000 RPM rush, comes the real power so you need to be hanging on tight.

Brian

Back to an earlier subject, has anyone put in the Yosh cams for their Bird? I'm always looking for more. The soon to be Mrs. Bongfeldt has put the nix on me installing a bottle. Future mods must be stealth, hense the cam question.

Brian

Dunno about that... :roll: ...never seen any production Buzzard numbers before I saw the guys dyno sheet. I figured that he was wasting a lot of power just stroking those coffee can pistons up and down. :roll: :lol:

We ride together some and until he put a Hahn turbo on it a few weeks ago, I could outpull him pretty well.. :roll: ...the dude even weighs less than I do and my Bird could out accelerate in almost any situation with stock gears. Turbo has helped him out a bit after he gets it spooled up now...

There must be something wrong with his right wrist. :P But seriously you must just be a better rider than him, because the Busa is a torquier faster bike.