CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pipe fitment question

ZeeBeast

OE pipes collect differently, but any aftermarket pipe should fit any year.

yup. what he said.

Nope.

Mounting an Akra full system for '97-'98 on my '01 required a bit of modification here and there, mainly the lower mount for the radiator, so they are different.

It will bolt right up to the head and stock mounting points, but there may be some small interference issues up front with non-exhaust related stuff (like the radiator mount in my case).

Can't speak to specific points as far as putting an FI header on a carbed bike, being that I've never done it, but there is the potential for problems.

I'd say it's definitely workable, but may not be a simple bolt on deal.

Ahhhh, I just figured it out. Those Red ones were built using Harley tools. That's the year that a Honda production line went down and they contracted out the machining and assembly to Milwaukee. :D I remember now because the tool kits on the red ones came with a hammer and cresent wrench and the warranty was for 25' or until you first inserted a key, right?

:D:D:D

:hitwithstick:

Damn Zee, you must have gotten one of the special ones. The Akra I took off of mine was interfering with the same lower radiator mounts that Tim was talking about. Mine had a longer bolt and a spacer that held the radiator out about a 1/2"

Ya know Donnie, There was a stand-off on the botton of the radiator but I thought it was stock equipment. Looked like an OEM piece to me. :?:

Just poking fun at the RedRiders. Same shit goes down on the ZRX board. No offense intended. 8)

You'll find the standoff too short and in need of a bend or two should you decide to mount a '97-'98 Akra on a '99 and up XX, due to the fact that it'll run right into one of the headpipes.

I can only guess that the '99 and up Akra systems route the header differently so this isn't a problem. Having guessed that much, I'll also guess the standoff is located differently on a '97-98, and might interfere with the header on a system that wasn't designed specifically for that model year.

No offense taken here. :D 8)

BTW, silver is by far the ugliest color, but it'd still beat riding around on some throwback Kawi POS.

Shoulda kept the XX :wink:

Ahhhh, I get a pertty good dose about every day from the ZRX guys. :?

I still got a street ride when you get your pass to go for a short hop. Hell, I'll swing by with the trailer and we can haul them up past Cleveland and go over to Telico Plains and run the Skyway without having an all-day-in-the-saddle trip. Just lemme know when you're feeling up to it. I promise to park away from the XX if there are other Birds around. :D

I wanted to make one of the XX rallys. This bunch is at least as demented as the ZRX group. :roll: Maybe the ZRX could fit in if I bring enough beer and hand out blow-up dolls and rubber sheep. :shock:

there is a rally coming up in a couple weeks :roll: but it might be too short notice for you. Next June is the closest one to us up on the other side of Knoxville. Just don't be a stranger like you did before.