CBR1100XX.org Forum

MYSTERY COOLANT PROBLEM SOLVED!

trailfly

The Stupid mother fuckers at the Honda Dealership were the root of the problem. I had them channg the oil, chain, sprokets, coolant, and flush the system.

If you recall, the bike ran great at highway speeds and never once overflowed. I put several hundred miles on the cycle without the slightest hint of a problem, but as soon as I was using the Bird around town the problem surfaced, blowing boiling coolant out the resivour and then sucking the resivour totally dry.

I replaced cap, thermostat, pulled the fucking radiator out, yadayadayada, and last night I figured it out. The fucking wingnut numbskull Honda mechanic crossed the thermostat line with the coolant resivour line. As the lines are underneath the tank and seat, it was difficult for me to pick up the error. Makes perfect sense now.

And the stupid cocksucker service write up asshole was CERTAIN that my bike had a blown headgasket!

FUCK!!!!

I was baffled, befuddled. For fucks sake. Anyway, it was a happy end to a sad stoy, and a pathetic dealership. THanks to all that contributed.

The bike is RARELY ever the problem, 99.9% of problems are user inflicted.....

If you live by this regarding the XX, you will be much happier and focused on finding issues.

MaXX

As long as you buy bikes that don't require too much work it's not so bad doing your own work, I've been doing it all, 36 bikes over a 37 year period, I wouldn't trust any of people I,ve seen wrenching at dealerships, they would probably just make work for me and I would have to pay on top of that, like in this case and many others. I gave up 2 stroke dirt bikes in the mid 80s, I just got tired of the endless work, much better with the big XR thumper, no worky just ride.