CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pirelli Diablo- milage question

tomek

I have set of Pirelli Diablo` on R1.These are regular Diablo`s,not corsa or supercorsa.We`ll be going on vacation pretty soon,here is a question

Is the rear tire going to last 4-5 k miles on the road trip with 120 pounds female piloting the bike? She is not a tire burner typo person or kneedragger,easy miles.If you had them on liter bike I would like to hear your milage report.BTW they are good street skins.

I suppose that tire is similar to Metzeler M1.My friend gets 5-6 miles from the rear on VFR.

I've never used the Diablo, but I've got the Corsa on my 1000RR which makes some serious HP. I presently have about 2600 miles on it and two track days and I'd say there is probably 1000 miles or so left on the tire. Keep in mind, I've been running 33 lbs of pressure on the front and rear for the TDs. Hope this helps.

the diablo I had on my xx barely lasted 4k...but I kinda rode it pretty aggressively (for me)...

Hmmmmm,Pilot Sport barely lasted lasted 3k miles on my XX,but I got 5 K from that tire on R1,so ,,,,,,should I expect 6 K from Diablo on R1 ?

If any of you dudes had that tire on XX I would like to hear your milage report also.Thanks.

I have the Diablos, but so far only have about 2K on the rear but looks real good---will probably get between 5K & 6K. My average riding weight is 225 and ride it fairly aggressively but work at being smooth on accelerating through the turns and my shifting. I don't do burn outs. It works real well for me at 40PSI. Though there is little noticable wear yet---it appears the sides will be gone before the center is close.

Bottom line---unless she is pretty heavy handed on the throttle or chews them up with low pressure-----5K should be no problem.

Happy trails kel