CBR1100XX.org Forum

GOOD CLUTCH'S FOR DRAG ON THE BIRD

silvertippr2001

What'up guys , can someone tell me if there are better set up clutch than the stock ones , for drag use . I'm doing some little upgrades to my 99 bird, I ride her hard on the street and visit the drag strip a few times a month, since you guys have more expirience than I (I'm just starting) and over here the xx is like something frome mars, people don't now how to make her run harder without lots of mods.

As of now I'm making the busas shake a little

since I'm asking, if someone throws in some sites that I could find some parts for drag aplications be realy thankfull.

BURN RUBBER NOT YOURE ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't really help you with that one, even with my extensive track passes. I'm still on the stock clutch, and have no reason to change it. Mine even held up under the nitrous, slick, and wheelie bars, so I figure I better leave well enough alone. There's supposed to be a site that tells you how to rearrange the clutches to help with grabbing.

I lost it sometime when I change internet providers. Sorry.

I've always found on my bike that if you slip the clutch out just before the tree comes down, it kinda "spins up" the clutches and basket and makes them not grab so hard when you come out of the hole. You like "drag" the clutch a little and pull it in real quick a couple of times before you stage. I can slide mine just fine by doing that. The initial clunk scared the shit out of me the first time it happened to, and this redneck idea solved the problem. The clunk happens when you drag the clutch out the first time, then when you launch it doesn't do that.

thanks furbird I'll trie that the next time out and see what happens

the thing is that have to fight with her when I go out and thats killing me on the first 60.

another thing is that I'm a big m.f and I'm runing on 16/45 and I don't slip the rear, she comes up like a rocket

lets see what I can do with that .

been there, don that

That helped a little but still not mutch

and she's drop 2 inches in the front and about 1 3/4 on the back

every thing els is stock on the suspention I meen.

I.m tring to leave the back end stock as muych as I can

but I now some time soon I'm going to have to pull her back

http://www.efrracing.com/

I spoke with Elton about the clutch conversion and a lockup clutch a couple years ago, and a turbo if you really want to know. By far the best bang for the buck is the cable conversion for launching the bird. The stock clutch will handle the power until you start adding big shots of nitrous or a turbo.

Need to correct the nitrous statement. I run probably the biggest shot on here, and while I haven't sprayed it much, it has held every time that I have. I'm not suggesting it will hold it forever, but it will hold a big shot of gas without slipping. So will Contiforce tires.

...with enough weight on the seat like I provide anyway :lol: