CBR1100XX.org Forum

Metzler Z6

X1rider

I had wanted to try the Avon ST tires for my 'bird and called the shop on Tuesday to confirm my tires being there. Of course there was no back tire there and I didn't want to run a mis matched set of tires, so I decided to try the Roadtecs.

Any feed back?

It should be noted that Pete's milage on any tire isn't typical.

I got 6500 out of my first Z6 rear, and it had enough to get Josh home (~350 miles) when I replaced his shagged tire here a couple weeks ago.

My worst milage was ~4500, but that included a fair amount of riding two up at too low a pressure (whoops), and a monster burnout down in Arkansas.

Jerry and Mac should have a good milage report on the Z6 after laguna seca, they should both be at 5k+ by the time they get the bikes home.

Jerry and Mac should have a good milage report on the Z6 after laguna seca, they should both be at 5k+ by the time they get the bikes home.

By the time we got to Reno, Jerry's tire had quite the flat spot happening, but Mac's looked really good.

FWIW, my 46 held up surprisingly well for 5K miles of mostly slab. :D

After my 100 mile scuff in yesterday, I am happy to report that the 6s have good grip and ride. Not quite the telepathic communication of the Michelin Pilot Roads, but pretty close.

I have heard the PRs have been discontinued, perhaps due to a newer design tire coming soon.

I paid $230.00 for the tires and $31.00 to have them mounted and balanced.

Anyone have a line on a better price for new tires? I'll be (maybe, if the Z6s don't last) looking for new tires again in 6 months.

I have heard the PRs have been discontinued,

Ah? :?: I just received 2 sets of 120/70+ 180/55 from tirexpress for 220$ per set with delivery last week.I`ll use those on our vacation trip in August,2 bikes.About 6000 miles.BTW I ordered those on Sunday,they were at my door on Wednesday,good service.

I'm on my 3rd set of Z6's and my only complaint is the punctures I've had on the last 2 rears. I'm getting around 6000 miles on the rear, abit more on the front. I've also had a puncture (rear) on the Avons (45/46) I run on my Concours. Shitty luck??? It did teach me to start carrying a plug kit and a 12v compressor. Saved my ass on the Saddle Sore 1000 I did a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise I'd probably still be stuck in the wilds of northern Vermont. I get my tires from Southwest Mototires and mount and balance them myself.