CBR1100XX.org Forum

Headlight bulbs-OEM or something else...

XBBX

bottom bulb burned out yesterday. I called Fay Meyers and they have a stock H7 bulb for $20. Should I check other bulbs or stick with OEM? thx

Do a search in the Garage section here. There have been some good threads on this issue. You might need to go back a ways. I believe the consensus was that there are some bulbs out there that are much better than OEM.

Holy ass-raping batman...

h7 bulbs can be had for under $10 a piece.

as stated, silverstars are still cheaper than Fay Myers.

you could go all out and get HID for $160.

I can't believe they would want that much.

Try performance cycle or tfog racing....

TFog Racing is a small shop in Golden. EXCELLENT service and reasonable price...

guarantee they could beat that $20 for a light bulb....

ok, back to your regular scheduled programming.

thx guys...I figure with 54k on the bike, I might as well replace both. I'm riding out to Monterey for the GPs and coming home across the desert at night I could use some more candle power.

thx guys...I figure with 54k on the bike, I might as well replace both. I'm riding out to Monterey for the GPs and coming home across the desert at night I could use some more candle power.

Find a 100W H7 and replace the high beam bulb with the 100W one, lights up the road much nicer :wink:

You can probably get by for a while with a 100watt bulb in the high beam but over time the extra heat and current will take its toll on the reflector and switch.

Silver stars are a good replacement. They may not last as long as a standard H7 though.

Do a search "HID" on ebay. You'll see tons of them. McCulloch known to be a "better" made than many others (German make). I bought mine (dual HID) from this guy. It was $290.

Also, I had 100W on both beams for along time wiht no problem. As long as bulbs are seated properly and tight, it should not get hot.

I'm running an HID in my high beam from xenonking.com illuminates the road beautifully at night. plasticxxhead runs one also but in the low beam slot i believe. you have to call them to get the xx group price.

D2