CBR1100XX.org Forum

I want a BUSA Buster...

Ridendead1

If you want to be equal to a rc51, just pull off 2 plug wires & lose about 200lbs off the bike.

If you want to equal a Busa just wreck your bike, and then buy a big bore kit.

If drag racing :

1 - Drop a tooth on the front sprocket

2 - Extended swingarm

3 - Cable Clutch Conversion

4 - NOS

If just general riding :

1 - Sell your bike

2 - Get something lighter, with more power... (gsxr1000 or R1)

Good Luck....

If you want to be equal to a rc51, just pull off 2 plug wires & lose about 200lbs off the bike.

200 lbs, Ummmm errrr..................NOT QUITE! The RC is a heavy fat wallowing pig. It comes in at about 450lbs+. Mine has beat 2 XX's that I know of (right Sean) in a drag race. On the twisties theres nothing that can touch it, with a pair of capable hands. The XX will kick its ass over 100 though.

As far as the Busa, well good luck!

200 lbs, Ummmm errrr..................NOT QUITE! The RC is a heavy fat wallowing pig. It comes in at about 450lbs+. Mine has beat 2 XX's that I know of (right Sean) in a drag race. On the twisties theres nothing that can touch it, with a pair of capable hands. The XX will kick its ass over 100 though.

As far as the Busa, well good luck!

Well, at least it would sound like an RC51 !

I street raced an RC51, and he got spanked ! Bad...

But I'am sure with a different rider, it would have done much better. I think most newer bikes are pretty close, and the rider is very important in drag racing.

I'd stay away from forced induction or power adders myself. It'll be hard to find a reputable shop that can do it, but you need to go inside the motor. Bored, stroked, lightened valvetrain, and get a clutch from hell. From what I read, it isn't hard to find an extra 200 cc's in the Blackbird motor.

If it's for light-to-light or the occasional strip run, the solution is nitrous.

If it's for highway or hard-core strip racing, the solution is a turbo.

If it's for track-days, well, from what I've seen, a Blackbird will take a Hayabusa on the track (but it kinda looks like a couple of fat girls running).

Increasing displacement makes all of these things better.

• 4 months later...

I've hear that the bird will only put out a reliable 500HP if properly moded. wereas the 'busas will dole out a bunch more 'cause of a supposedly stronger bottom end in the engine.

Dameon

I've hear that the bird will only put out a reliable 500HP if properly moded. wereas the 'busas will dole out a bunch more 'cause of a supposedly stronger bottom end in the engine.  

Don't try to convince Kent who holds the world record, of that or Barry, who builds the turbo for Kents Bird, his own Bird and his own Busa or the many other Busa's he has built for the strip.

The winner is still the Turbo Bird riden by Kent, built by Barry who owns Veloscity Racing.

Last year was 505 hp and a low 7.3 sec quarter mile all street legal Bird.

The only substitute for cubic inches is rectangular dollars.

There are a few guys on this board who have modified their birds to the point that they can beat a majority of the Busa's that they come up against, but don't forget, there's a ton of hop up goodies available for the big Suzuki, and not much for the Honda.

There are probably more modified Busa's running around in the US than all the BlackBirds combined.

Don't try to convince Kent who holds the world record, of that or Barry, who builds the turbo for Kents Bird, his own Bird and his own Busa or the many other Busa's he has built for the strip.

The winner is still the Turbo Bird riden by Kent, built by Barry who owns Veloscity Racing.

Last year was 505 hp and a low 7.3 sec quarter mile all street legal Bird.

That kinda makes my point. These guys are serious bird builders and they're only willing to push about 500HP. You can get much more out of it but not for very far. I like to get to see those in person some time. 8)

Dameon

P.S., BTW are Barry or Kent on the Board with us?

Guest rockmeupto125

XX will make more horsepower than that. Point is, why bother. They can't get that much to the ground now. These guys who race these things are 2nd cousins to God in their skillz on the track. If they could put down more power, they'd find more power in the engine. There's a lot of focus on the power curves and how the engines make their power cuz that's what wins races, not peak horsepower. I'm sure if the top dogs saw big dollars in winning dyno shoots, they'd be working on that instead of making crotch rockets for the highly skilled. And as an aside....take a look at how often those XX engines grenade at those levels....stock cranks and transmissions!

No, Kent and Barry have better things to do than hang out here. :wink:

XX will make more horsepower than that.  Point is, why bother.  They can't get that much to the ground now.  These guys who race these things are 2nd cousins to God in their skillz on the track.  If they could put down more power, they'd find more power in the engine.  There's a lot of focus on the power curves and how the engines make their power cuz that's what wins races, not peak horsepower.  I'm sure if the top dogs saw big dollars in winning dyno shoots, they'd be working on that instead of making crotch rockets for the highly skilled.  And as an aside....take a look at how often those XX engines grenade at those levels....stock cranks and transmissions!

+1

No, Kent and Barry have better things to do than hang out here.  :wink:

Didn't figure. Worth asking though. I don't keep up with the Dragster Crowd so I don't know how big these guys are. I'm sure Barry has a shop that does work for other people. Does anyone have a link or other info.?

Dameon

flow the head and do the valves...

Do you want to win on quarter mile or top end?

V's don't really have that much top end.

On the other hand, drag a v and see if you lose or not...

My guess is that you might be surprised due to the fact that you might not even lose ......

What have you done to the bike?

flow the head and do the valves...?

Not that yet, although I've had pipe dreams of turbos and such I don't think that will come soon if at all. If I want that kind of speed I'll get another bike.

I like this one a set up as a great all rounder. Some track days, some strip days, lots of commuting and weekend touring. If I do anything it's to improve the bike as a whole not just one sided like strictly drag racing.

Call me kooky but I'm more interested in how a turbo can get me better gas mileage as opposed to total HP.

V's are tough but I still beat one with $10,000 worth of mods (HD 120cu. in.) owned by a coworker of mine, Carlos. Now if Manny was at the helm I may not have won (he's much lighter than I.) Carlos wasn't happy about that at all. oh, did I mention that was with a 17/44 gear ration too?

What have you done to the bike?

So far only a K&N filter. It already had the D&D full exhaust on it when I bought it. AMSoil Synthetic this week. Ceramic coating maybe next week or month. Cash is tight. My Dyno-tech friend is trading me for a PC2 & tuning for a bass guitar rig that I lent to him.

After that I'm doing some ergonomic mods risers, refitted seat. I'm going to reshape the stock seat a little and add gell pads to it, and a taller winter winshield.

Next, I'll get into the suspension, possibly including a Ram swing arm <drool>. I just like the looks of it. I have an undertail exhaust also from a CBR1000 Repsol that I may try to modify to fit under the tail. The Ram may solve some of the routing issues that I'm having now with the stock swing arm.

Some quick release hard luggage too. Plus various electronic gizmos. Such as that Aussie Cruise control made just for the BB.

Oh, I almost forgot. I have an Equalean sidecar that I'm trying to rig up as well. It leans with the bike. Should be good for some lower speed backroad fun.

Who knows from there. Dream on. Dream big. Maybe I'll get the turbo to help pull the side rig around :shock: :) :roll:

Dameon

That's the estimate. I wouldn't doubt it, I got a 150hp dyno run on my jetted '97 here at sea level.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I pulled 153 when I had mine dynoed back in Sept. I was really stoked about my first time on the dyno until everyone on here started getting hatey with me.......kinda calling me a liar, or telling me I got ripped off by the dealership with a shoddy run. I'll have to go back and find that post.

That's the estimate. I wouldn't doubt it, I got a 150hp dyno run on my jetted '97 here at sea level.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I pulled 153 when I had mine dynoed back in Sept. I was really stoked about my first time on the dyno until everyone on here started getting hatey with me.......kinda calling me a liar, or telling me I got ripped off by the dealership with a shoddy run. I'll have to go back and find that post.

Found it.........Here's the link to that old thread......

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...der=asc&start=0