CBR1100XX.org Forum

4-2-1 Exhaust

indy500

D&D provides a center stand retention bracket with their systems, and I believe that a couple of other manufacturers do as well (perhaps Vance and Hines, Two Brothers, and Erion, if I'm not mistaken). Apparently a lot of manufacturers assume we all have swingarm stands like we have a friggin track bike or something.

Thank you, The manufactures that I have tried to contact have been no help at all. I snapped my chain last week. I was 80 miles from home. I hitched a ride to and from a near by cycle shop. I then replaced the chain on the side of the road( OEM tool kit was a life saver). It sure was nice to be able to put that bike on its center stand, I'll never go without one. If anyone has a specific example of one of these headers, that would be great. Most of the manufactures just say "lose the center stand".

I Have the Yoshimura rs3 carbonfiber and a centerstand. It has a metal bracket with a rubber bumper on it for the centerstand. I know what you mean about the centerstand. It makes life much easier.

I Have the Yoshimura rs3 carbonfiber and a centerstand. It has a metal bracket with a rubber bumper on it for the centerstand.

Dito, and I love it, not too loud but it really sounds good. Non bike people alway complement me on how nice it sounds.

Pat

0-1-25

Brian,

While I agree with the others that the Yosh systems sound nice, don't limit yourself to that one manufacturer based only on the fact that you can retain your centerstand with it.

I believe most full systems provide the clearance for your centerstand, but don't necessarily provide a stop for it. I can't guarantee that all systems will allow you to keep it, but in my experiences, most will.

That being said, JRed is working on a stop that will solve the problem if you should decide to go with another manufacturer. http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/viewt...t=20727&start=0

I don't know when it will finally come to fruition, but at least it's in the works.

I had a full Muzzy exhaust with the center stand. I now have a full Yoshi RS3 exhaust with the center stand. I have since had the centerstand removed because i didn't like the way it looked.

I definetly like the way the Yosh sounds over the Muzzy.

Rich