CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any tips for grip change?

Squareman357

Today is the day. My parts should arrive in a few hours, in the meantime I'm stripping the bike down and getting ready for the new parts. I have some new grips to go with my ThrottleMeister and I am wondering if there are any tricks or tips for installing new grips? It "should" be as easy as cutting the old ones off, cleaning up any stuff they leave behind, then slipping the new ones on. What do you guys use to make them slip on easier? Glue or adhesive? Let me know. Thanks!

Use WD-40 to take the old grips off. Slide a screw driver in give it a shot of WD, spin the screwdriver around, grip slides right off. That's the hardest part.

I always use grip glue on mine but I got grip heaters so I want to make sure nothing moves.

I, too, used wd40 to remove the old grips. very slick little trick.

clean very well before putting on the new grips.

hairspray works very well. never had any problem with it at all.

should take about 5 minutes per side, but ymmv.

If you use hair spray, use some cheap Auqa Net

Dont use anything with gel in it :oops: :oops: :oops:

They are pretty firm----BUT----damn they feel good! I would quess the tapered shape is the key---they are the best I have ever used in a bunch of years of riding & a bunch of different grips on different bikes. Liked them on the Bird so much that they became the first mod on the ST. Happy trails kel