CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake light works for rear, not for front

DirtTorpedo

Brake light works for rear, not for front

There is no front brake lights on the Blackbird. Unless you have one of those Canadian ones then I don't have a clue aboooot those, those fuckers up there are bass-ackwards so I suppose they might. :?

Had the same problem with a older bike I had. Take the switch out of the front brake location the switch should be able to be taken apart. You should be able to short(if I remember right)the two poles of the switch it to turn on the brake light, if that works clean up the switch and test it.

Had the same problem with a older bike I had. Take the switch out of the front brake location the switch should be able to be taken apart. You should be able to short(if I remember right)the two poles of the switch it to turn on the brake light, if that works clean up the switch and test it.

What he said, the switches come apart the points get dirty in them.

If that doesn't work, follow the wire back until you get to a connection. Open it, clean it and plug it back in. Might have some oxidation. Those microswitch wear though, so it might be your problem.

It turns out one of the quick disconnect leads going from

the brake lever into that starter/kill-switch assembly was

loose. Thanks for the tips.

Now if I can just get to the inspection station before I'm caught. . .

Ted