CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sidi Boots Sizing Question

jblackbird2000

Hey Folks,

I need a new pair of boots, and I'm pretty sold on the Sidi Strada, but I'm curious as to your experience with sizing them. I also ride bicycles, and I have a pair of Sidi bike shoes, and I take a size 47 for those...which is like a 12 according to their sizing chart. But I only take a 10.5-11 in a typical street shoe.

I'm having a hard time finding a "stealer" in my area that carries them to try them on, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My HeinGericke boots are 47 which corresponds to US13. I've just tried this weekend all of the SIDI boots. The most expensive one fits me but the lateral ankle support was digging onto the top of my foot on the right side. Other "lesser" models didn't fit well. I couldn't zip them up.

I suggest you order from no fee - no obligation to buy stealer.

I bought some Sidi boots recently and LOVE them! I sugest going with a size about 1/2 larger than normal, this allows for more room/cooler feet in the Summer and more socks in the Winter.

I was going to go with the Strada but opted instead for the Vertebra II Tepor as they're waterproof and have the replaceable toe piece

Thanks Guys for all the great info!

Peter- the website to motonation is great. Looks like I know where I'm riding to doing this weekend :)

I used newenough to buy a pair of Joe Rocket Revolution boots, but they don't fit that well, and I'm exchanging them actually. The bitch of it is, I even went to a local stealer that carries Joe Rocket, tired on the boot, and it fit ok. The ones I got in the mail were just slightly different, maybe different model year at the stealer, and they didn't fit as nice.

Steve- I was considering the Vertebra II, but I understand they squeek a lot...what's your opinion after they've been broken in some on how squeeky they are?

Jay

...what's your opinion after they've been broken in some on how squeeky they are?

Jay

20-30k miles later and a fair amount of walking, they still squeak but I believe that can be corrected (using silicone?). But I don't care, the fit has not changed and they hold on well.

Hugo

Mine squeek just a bit but never to a point of annoyance. I guess I could use some dry graphite if it bothered me but I rarely need to sneak up on anything where it's a problem :lol:

As for the boots, couldn't recommend them anymore highly! There are truly waterproof, contrary to most all the others (except the BMW boots). Mine show little wear with lots of usage over the last few years. I often go for walks in them as I'm too lazy to change out when at the office and the soles are still great.