CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil Filters

FloridaSilverBird

I just changed mine two hours ago with Honda HP4M 15w50 syn blend and honda filter. I get 4 quarts and filter from my tire guy for 30 bucks.

My girl is 100% Honda 8)

Go with the Honda oil filter. If they don't have one for the XX in stock, a GL1800 one will fit, as will a Valkyrie (and probably a GL1500).

I run 10w-40 Castrol Syntec in my bike. Down there in Florida, the 15w-50 might not be a bad idea, but still might be overkill.

Purolator Pure 1 part # PL 14612. Cheaper and better than a Honda filter and available at Advance Auto even on Sunday.

I'm currently using Mobil 1 5w-40 Truck@SUV oil. I like it. better starting on cold mornings and more power than the 15-50 I was running.

do you guys order them online or go to a Honda dealer or what?  My local honda dealer does not service motorcycles?  hm.

Your local Honda motorcycle dealer does not service motorcycles?

Purolator Pure 1 part # PL 14612. Cheaper and better than a Honda filter

OK, I can see the cheaper part but how do you know that it is better? Not being smart, just want to know your source.

I'm not going to relocate the various websites. Trust me, I've done my research.

97% multi-pass efficency for one.

Honda doesn't make oil filters, Purolator does.

I now opt for the top-o-the-line Wal-mart (no pun intended) for an RX-7 for @ $2 or $4 (?) versus paying huge bucks at the Honda stealer. If you want I can get the creoss reference number. 4 qts of Mobil 1 and it takes about 15 minutes to do, no need to remove any body parts.

STP SMO-17

Picked it up at Autozone for 4.99$

5 Qt. Mobil-1 15-50 21.99$ Wal-mart.

That was my last oil change and I think my neXXt will be the same. :wink: 8)