CBR1100XX.org Forum

Canyon Dancer

Dano

I'm fixing up a utility trailer that a neighbor gave to me. Nothing fancy, one of those fold up models that you get at a home improvement store. 4x8 ft frame. 1150 lbs capacity. It's got 11" rims so that's why I took it.

I bolted a 1" sheet of plywood to the frame. (Not gonna fold it). I put new bearings and races, new lights and I mounted a wheel chock and some eyebolts in the appropriate places.

I was planning on using a Canyon Dancer on the front, with two ratchet tie downs on each side front and one each side rear off of the passenger footpeg mounts.

Any known problems with the Canyon Dancer setup on the XX bars or using the footpeg mounts?

Thanx Dan

That set up (trailer and all) is what I use. I do slip a piece of pvc pipe on each grip before putting the Dancer on. It keeps the rubber grip from pulling off.

If you do want the trailer to fold, just cut the plywood were the fold is. It don't hurt a thing.

Any known problems with the Canyon Dancer setup on the XX bars or using the footpeg mounts?

You'll have to play with it to get the canyon dancer to set up without rubbing the fairing. If you have a wide enough distance between the attachment point you'll be ok, but be careful or you'll be rubbing on the paint.

You can always put a piece of tape on the fairing where they rub. I put a terrycloth towel under the strap as well.

What am I talking about, I've only trailered my bike once since I've had it.

You can always put a piece of tape on the fairing where they rub. I put a terrycloth towel under the strap as well.

Thats what I do. Put a piece of tape and a little towel between the rub stop (although a few thick piece of tape is all thats needed)

What am I talking about, I've only trailered my bike once since I've had it.

Well I'm UNIQUELY qualified to discuss the merits of trailering an XX.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanx for the replies. Is the rear foot-peg hanger where you tie the backend down?

Trailer we don't need no stinkin trailer :twisted:

Whaddaya think it's gonna break down :wink:

Even if it does break there's enough knowledge on this forum that you can fix it yourself.

Hell for a few cold ones you can get people to come over and fix it for you :drunks:

Not that I have to justify it but here goes.

I wouldn't trailer it but the circumstance has come up that if I want to do some riding in Calif. I have to drop my daughter off at a friend on the way. She doesn't want to drone on I-5 for hours to get there. I don't blame her. Because she doesn't want to ride, she has to drive while I sleep...and then wake up in the Trinity Alps.. 8)

Thanks for the tips and the link..

Dan

I always trailer to the track. It makes the day so much more enjoyable. You got to have the cooler, food, ez up, chairs, etc....

Plus, calling someone to give you a lift when you wad it up ain't no good.