CBR1100XX.org Forum

Strange Topic...

Ian

I have a strange question that will probably be hard to answer for most... But I had to do some surgery on the side of the road last weekend on my 600 mile old 'bird. :x Turned out because it had sat on a salesfloor for 2 years or so the original gasket on the oil filter stuck to the block when I removed it and I put the new oil filter on without knowing. Needless to say it couldn't hold back the pressure.

So I'm putting the fairings on tonight and I have two push pins extra for some strange reason. I knew the one was there because it I broke it last fall and left if out of the bottom of the fairings. But now I have another that is left over and I have two in the bottom of the fairing again.

I went over it three times and looked in the service manual and just can't find where the push pins would go. There are six behind the front wheel on the inner fairing I think. One behind the kickstand and two under the bike holding the two fairings on. Is that it?

Thanks for any information.

As to the oil filter leaving the o-ring on the engine, that happens a lot on cars and bikes. You should always wipe the area the filter contacts with a clean rag to remove any dirt and that will also eliminate leaving the old o-ring there. And, you don't need to remove any plastic to change the filter.

Yup just in time to strand myself on the side of the road. :)

I just can't for the life of me figure out where the two push pins go(I might add they are already broken). I'm just going to go to a Honda store and buy an entire box of those dam things.

Good luck there. I went to the Honda Shop near me..

Asked the parts guy..

You got the little black push clips for the XX?------- Nope

You got any fairing bolts for the XX?----------Nope

You got a air filter for the XX? -------- let me check, I don't think so :roll:

You know where the closest Kawi shop is? Might as well get one of them. ------ :shock: