CBR1100XX.org Forum

Deceleration Rattle

Rales

I hate to beat a dead horse here but I did do a search with little help on decel noise. I am assuming that this rattle is either the CCT or the Pair valves. When letting off the throttle I hear a smooth almost ticking noise in the top end but it goes away as soon as i get back on the gas and comes right back when I let off. It will also make a quieter version of it when I rev up the engine parked. It does not do it at a certain RPM range. This leads me to beleive that its the Pair valve. What do you guys think. Also if its the CCT where can I get the X-11 one, does anyone still do the group buy for those? Should I pull the tank off and remove the pair valves and take a look, how do I know if they are broken? Also this is a 2000 with 15,xxx miles.

Thanks

Dave

Rales--Jredd has a buy going on for a block off kit for the Pair valves, got mine yesterday and it is a nice kit. New to the bird but I dont see how the reeds would be broken especially at 15k miles.

I am also looking for the X-11 CCT. Try doing a forum search on "X-11 tensioner" you will get about 18 hits with a lot of good info. One has a url for an overseas link to purchase the item (about $90 US) plus other info on how to possibly obtain one. I called my locale stealer ship today for part number of the X-11 CCT and it is not a listed part :x

Kinley

I just picked up 5 of the new Green Dot CCT's from Honda Directline today at lunch.

Shipping them to England Tomorrow. Which I do once a month on average.

Honda Directline keeps them in stock for me, since I buy so many.

Funny how we buy the X-11 CCT from England and the Brit's buy the American CCT from the USA. :?

I don't know the difference myself.

I have been using the Green Dot USA version now for just over 20,000 miles and counting. Many have had a problem with their CCT and when replaced with the X-11 CCT the problem disappears.

All I know is it is a 10 minute job to replace and only about 35-40 dollars at your local Honda Shop. I will change mine when it starts making noise if it does. Supposedly the CCT was modified on the 2003 models to which they started coming with a green dot on them. Whatever that means I don't know :?

First of all, for you newer guys, this "CCT" thingy is not a CCT at all. It is a "Lifter" - that's what Honda calls it, anyway.......(For whatever reason, some people insist on calling it a CCT. :roll: ) So, if you go to your Honda dealer and order a CCT, you will get a metal bar about 10" long and 5/8" wide, you will do this - :roll: you will be pissed, the parts guy will :roll: at you and you will then have to order a lifter. That is, if you and the parts guy know where to look and how to identify it..... Secondly, some bikes are prone to eating lifters while others are not. My '99 Bird was and so is my '00. I have 7 used lifters in my junk parts bin, one of which is the infamous X-11. It lasted no longer than the 315 Honda part. So, my advice is to simply use the 315 Honda lifter and save yourself some bucks. Ron Ayers sells them for $30 + frt. Buy two or three and save on freight, cause you'll be needing more of them.

Ok well it looks like an easy fix. I am going to go to the dealer tomorow and order the newer part number and hopefully that and ordering the Pair block of plates will make my bike quite again. I wouldn't mind the noise that much but when I hear it over my Erion exhaust its too loud.

Thanks guys!!!