CBR1100XX.org Forum

HELP!

N1K

If you want to send the pan to me, I will weld it and fix the threads for a spare for somebody in the future, if that is something that might be a good idea.

No cost.

Just thought I would offer.

IF you JBWeld it, you can ride it down to your blue colar friend's house and then they can fix it for you.

I love you Nik but.......  

Step away from the tools before somebody gets hurt!

LOL

I feel the same way when I start working on stuff, maybe I should just step back and have someone else do it. It took me days to install the Mototeck undertail.

This is why you should always let a professional handle these things :P :stickpoke:

I have done stuff like that before just not to my bird yet.....knock on wood.....knock.....knock... :banghead:

If you want to send the pan to me, I will weld it and fix the threads for a spare for somebody in the future, if that is something that might be a good idea.  

No cost.  

Just thought I would offer.

Sounds like a good idea. Once i get my new one I'll work on getting this one shipped up.

41903261.jpg

Jesus H. Kay-Rhist..... Nik, who has been doing your oil changes, you, or your dealer? Either way, this oil drain plug has been muscle-fucked waaaay too many times. It takes a goodly amount of abuse to crack the pan like that! Way, way, waaaaaaaaaaay overtorqued, and obviously many times, from the look of that oil pan crack!

Oh, well, at least this affords you the opportunity to "become One with your bike" as you repair this dork-up.

Next stop: the Tools department at Sears:

00934186000-dlv.jpg

Oh, well, at least this affords you the opportunity to "become One with your bike"

Yeah, as I was sitting in my house on Saturday TOTALLY upset because of not being able to ride, I decided that the only way to use this incident for my betterment was to get a workable set of automotive tools.

I'll be buying peace of mind at the same time.

With my house if something breaks, I have ALL the tools to fix ANYTHING and can do it myself. Likewise, I don't worry about anything breaking because I know I can fix it myself for the cost of parts.

I want to get to the same situation with my vehicles. Especially the bike.

Next stop: the Tools department at Sears:

Done

41903259.jpg