CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need help with new seat...

x-lax

The stock seat on my '99 XX is fine around town, but on trips it actually makes the FRONT of my hips hurt, bad. I am 6'2 and pretty thin, and apparently my ass just wasn't made for that seat.

Anyway, I've had good luck with a Corbin before, but I can't stand the thought of losing even a fraction of an inch in the seat height.

So, I need a slightly wider seat that maintains the same height. Can you help?

I am 6'5", running Corbin seat and Buell rider pegs to lower pegs. I can ride all day and walk away without feeling any pain. http://cbr.geckobox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...ht=lowered+pegs

PM me for any details, best 26 bucks I ever spent on a bike part!

I read about this before, but I'm nervous.

I don't want to scrape the pegs any more than I already do-and that ain't much. It unnerves me. Don't the Buell pegs cause you to spark shit more often? or is my geometry just that bad? If thats the only option, then I guess I might take it and get used to it.

Otherwise, I was also looking at those 2 seat covers that Aerostich sells. I'd be higher, which I don't want, but its a cheap experiment. Plus, they will inevitabley make the seat wider. I don't fucking know...

The stock seat on my '99 XX is fine around town, but on trips it actually makes the FRONT of my hips hurt, bad. I am 6'2 and pretty thin, and apparently my ass just wasn't made for that seat.

Anyway, I've had good luck with a Corbin before, but I can't stand the thought of losing even a fraction of an inch in the seat height.

So, I need a slightly wider seat that maintains the same height. Can you help?

I am 6-2' also I had a gel pad custom made for my stock seat for long trips bought a Corbin later down the road and my seat gel works perfectly with it, it raised the seat height about an inch and a half.

The height is very noticable I feel in much better control of the bird in a little higher seat. :wink:

Wish I could take some pics for you but my camera got stolen recently. :twisted:

Working on getting a new one. :sad: