CBR1100XX.org Forum

A one hour job takes five hours

wr0ngway

when I spend an hour changing out sprockets, but spend 4 hours nitpicking the grime out of every little crevice in the wheel, the swingarm and slider, hugger, drive sprocket cover, carefully cleaning each nut and bolt, oops, missed a little spot on the inside of the frame way up under there...

frankly, i've been waiting for months to get the rear tire off and get up in there for clean-up... :wink:

btw, i don't know how much grime to expect in a 16K mile season, but methinks a large part of it is from the sidewinder poop that the shop used to lube my chicaino :mad:

am i the only one who stays up til 1:00 am on a workday, losing sleep, with such compulsive behavior?

when I spend an hour changing out sprockets, but spend 4 hours nitpicking the grime out of every little crevice in the wheel, the swingarm and slider, hugger, drive sprocket cover, carefully cleaning each nut and bolt, oops, missed a little spot on the inside of the frame way up under there...

frankly, i've been waiting for months to get the rear tire off and get up in there for clean-up... :wink:  

btw, i don't know how much grime to expect in a 16K mile season, but methinks a large part of it is from the sidewinder poop that the shop used to lube my chicaino :mad:  

am i the only one who stays up til 1:00 am on a workday, losing sleep, with such compulsive behavior?

Nah, Dave is prolly more anal than that. However, you do get an honorable mention :lol:

You're not anal. I think part of the fun of having a bike is keeping it clean - it's therapeutic.

Try maintaining a polished bike. More like an hour every time you ride.

Obby, what have you polished on your bike? Got any pics?

Joe

Nothing like a clean bike!

When I was at motor school the instructors had white glove inspections, "Oh, you have some road grime in the inside of your front fender!" Well, no shit.................

Tim T2

Wish I had time to do that. If I did that everytime I drove my car somewhere I would be screwed. Since I put my car away for the summer and basically use the bike...I'm screwed :]

i went with same size sprockets, steel, 45 rear and 17 front, i think.

you guys (esp. dblxx) showed me how good it feels to keep it clean. i wipe it down every time i ride. the grunge buildup was from mechanics who don't give a shit what they put on my chicain.

i just got myself a cage for XXmas and i'm keeping it clean too, damn, i feel like a new man, never really had any cool toys before.