CBR1100XX.org Forum

Crashed my Bird :-(

titoportugal

Hi to all

Unfortunately 3 weeks ago i had a rough encounter with the back of a car.

The front of my bird was completely damaged as your will be able to see in the pictures.

I literally flown for a while but nothing happened to me.

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

Fortunately nothing happened to the frame of the bike. The main damages where:

- Front Fender

- Front cowl

- Head light

- Speedometer (gauge)

- Left lower cowl

- Cowl Half Inner

- Engine Cover

I was also lucky to have a pair of LSL mushrooms other wise the damage would be even greater.

I was about to buy the parts needed when I remembered that a friend of mine had a lot of spare parts from his old XX.

(can you imagine that some mother fuckers entered his garage, dismantled everything to get to the injection system and took everything except the body of the bike. After 3 months of he had sold what was left of the bike, the police found his pats in a warehouse)

He sold me the whole pack with a lot of thing I needed and some that I don't and that I'm going to sell. I will post later about it

Now its almost finished.

Since that I had my bike all naked I decided that now was the time to the Cruise Control Job

http://cbr.geckobox.net/forum/viewtopic.ph...6687&highlight=

But unfortunately I'm having a lot of trouble.

Later on, I will post some pics of the evolution of my XX

Regards to all

Tito

That'll buff right out. :twisted:

Glad you are ok. How/why did you hit the car?

I was about to take a motorway entrance and the cars were moving...

I looked at the mirror to see if I could enter.... and when i look ahead ...the car had made an emergency brake and it was less then 1 meter from me ... it was impossible to brake in time.

Lucky me that I was going slowly otherwise I don't know if I was here writing.

Very stupid accident

I was about to take a motorway entrance and the cars were moving...

I looked at the mirror to see if I could enter.... and when i look ahead ...the car had made an emergency brake and it was less then 1 meter from me ... it was impossible to brake in time.

So, you were at fault then :twisted:

There was an article about this "life saver" in one of the recent mags. Not sure what the conclusion was, bad or good? I gues it all depends on where you are and when. I am used to do "life saver" eventhough I have added small wide angle mirrors on both sides. While merging highway, I case out the traffic at the first lane while I am still on the ramp and act accordingly. Safest is to wait till cars in front to merge first. They will pull up in front of you anyway unless you could move to the next lane quickly.

What happened to Tito happened to me while riding in a taxicab in UK. The driver was not patient to stay behind the car in front as he merged in and looked backed to take the car in front over. The car in front came to a full stop once he ran out of road. We rear ended the car dspite of me yelling to watch out.