CBR1100XX.org Forum

VFR Bars,,,

Goobr

I just won them off Ebay. 53 bucks. :headbang:

Any "watch-outs" or tips I need to know about installing them? I've read that brake lines and cables need to be a bit longer,,,, that filing down the tab on the brake reservoir will work at repositioning the stock brake lines. Anything else besides "just doin' it"?

TIA

Guest rockmeupto125

The first thing to do is to see if they fit. Just because they are from a VFR800 does not automatically mean that. They need to be from a 2002 or newer.

Right,,,, 2002 they are. I made sure of that. I looked at a couple of parts fiches, fishes, fishys, fishies?,,,,,,, the difference is a helluva lot.

Soooo, with that said, I reckon I'd better go to Wally World and buy some shoes. I AM from Georgia ya know. :fingerflip:

Dont forget to change your gascable. You need to divert it on the other side of the fork (outside instead of inside), and take the cable from the notch under the gastank.

If you don't do this, your bike will suddenly speed up in very tight left turns. This can be quite a surprise......

Also please check this posting: http://bb.superblackbird.info/viewtopic.php?t=95

I disagree with the throttle cable routing. It will be fine running throught the forks, the standard location. I have mine uncliped from the frame though also.

Btw great price on the bars on Ebay.

When I was trying te get mine I bid on several that kept going up to around the price for new. :roll: Then I got some for $75 privately, no Ebay.

I never even thought of switching right for left, has anybody here done that? It should work for stock bars.

I bought my bike used with helibars already on, so I couldn't even try it though.

• 4 months later...

So how much better is it with the VFR bars? How much weight will it take off my shoulders and wrists?

I was riding 1800 km in the last 3 days with passenger and that made me even think to sell my bird and get a FJR.

Great price. Easy mod, just loosen the lines to the brake and clutch resevoirs slightly, should be able to move them to their new position without loosing any fluid. Might not hurt to put a cloth under them just in case. Take the throttle line out of the clip, no need to move it. Cut the clips off the resevoirs. I raised mine on the fork tubes just enough to clear the tabs (about 5/8 of an inch) and pulled them back so they just cleared the tank when right at the stops. Feels great with the extra height. Good luck.

They won't work on your bike; just sell them to me for the same $53 including shipping, I'll be

happy to take them off your hands. :) J/K They should work fine on your bike; no problems.