CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help 2000 F-150 rear disc brakes

N1K

Noticed my rotors were getting gouged by the pads. (I guess rears only get 93,000 miles :???: :lol: )

What do I have to do to pull this brake shoe off? The first picture is the view with the tire off looking from the outside..

The second pic is the view looking from under the truck out.

I already have the pads and rotors. I just need to know how to get the shoe off I don't want to pull the wrong bolt and end up needing to bleed the lines etc.

38101195.jpg

38101194.jpg

I have another picture if this one doesn't show enough.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

These two here:

rotor.jpg

Just hang the caliper up with some tie-wire or bungie or something. If you let it just hang there, you could damage the line and cause it to leak.

Pads come right out, then use a C-clamp to push the piston back in nice and slow. Install new pads, and you're done! I'd recommend getting the rotors turned, especially with visible damage like that.

AWESOME... I thought so... Thanks Sean!

I'd recommend getting the rotors turned, especially with visible damage like that.

I already bought new rotors... The inside is gouged pretty bad. I could probably have them machined... but they are only $60 a piece.

Thanks Bro!!!

(hopefully the rotors come off without too much of a fight) (hello sledge hammer)

:lol:

I've got the special socket needed for removing the wheel bearing nut...

My rotors are floating... Once the tire comes off, they come right off (after you break the rust-bond)

Found this one on CD. You can print up the page you need for whatever project you are on if you don't have a greasy laptop :grin:

$1.99 plus $2 shipping aint bad :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7944854584&rd=1