CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ikea for Laminate flooring...

MaXX

I was at Ikea last night buying my kitchen table, chairs and bar stools and I ran into some laminate flooring they sell ther for $.99/sq ft. The best I can find at Home Depot or Menards is about $2.97/ sq ft. The Ikea stuff only has a 15 year warranty vs. the Home Depot stuff which is 20 - 25, but I am really thinking of buying it. I have about 230 sq ft. to do so the savings is significant. I have to buy all the finishing pieces at the Depot or Menards, but that is not a huge deal. Thoughts?

MaXX

See my other post about this, but I wouldn't do it.

Like I said in my other post, laminate is bad for kitchens, bathrooms, and foyers...

But if you DO decide to use laminate, Given where you want to use it, I would for SURE go with the highest quality stuff you can find.

And IKEA and high-quality don't usually go together...

I was at Ikea last night buying my kitchen table, chairs and bar stools and I ran into some laminate flooring they sell ther for $.99/sq ft. The best I can find at Home Depot or Menards is about $2.97/ sq ft. The Ikea stuff only has a 15 year warranty vs. the Home Depot stuff which is 20 - 25, but I am really thinking of buying it. I have about 230 sq ft. to do so the savings is significant. I have to buy all the finishing pieces at the Depot or Menards, but that is not a huge deal. Thoughts?

MaXX

GAY!

I was at Ikea last night buying my kitchen table' date=' chairs and bar stools and I ran into some laminate flooring they sell ther for $.99/sq ft. The best I can find at Home Depot or Menards is about $2.97/ sq ft. The Ikea stuff only has a 15 year warranty vs. the Home Depot stuff which is 20 - 25, but I am really thinking of buying it. I have about 230 sq ft. to do so the savings is significant. I have to buy all the finishing pieces at the Depot or Menards, but that is not a huge deal. Thoughts?

MaXX[/quote']

GAY!

Not all of us have a woman to send to the store to do our shopping, laundry, cooking....

MaXX

I say do it Mac. I bought upper end real wood flooring and there is no difference between mine and a neighbor who installed the cheap stuff. Warranty coverage is a selling point, but just like cars....they will find a way to blame it on you when it cracks, warps, etc...

I would go for the $ savings. If I had done that, I would have had enough money for another bike :cry: