CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mototeck owners

bajjer9

Where did you mount your key for the seat assuming you did mount one of course...I may just go with a solenoid...I liked the way john01xx mounted his but wanted to see some other ideas as well

Hell... I'd like to see everyones ideas on this one, including the way john01xx did. Where is that post located under? I too am getting ready to put on a Mototeck undertail and it looks like it will be a interesting night in the garage :roll: I was also doing a search for help with the install on this but came up empty? I thought that there was a post on that somewhere on this board or was it a link to another?

First of all, I should intoduce my self. I am the owner of SportbikeEffects.com and I am a Mototeck Retailer and Distributor. This is why I offer these comments.

I understand your concerns on mounting your undertail. The description provided by Mototeck is a little vague, although I know they are in the process of revising it. I have some new pictures that were just taken recently detailing the installation process. I can best get this information to you by email. I am not in my office today, but will be in tomorrow and can help you.

Please also note that the new version of the undertail for the CBR1100XX has the key location already figured out for you and is already drilled. I will do everything I can to help you, even if you have purchased the Mototeck undertail from another retailer.

Send me an email to jeff@sportbikeeffects.com and I will do what I can to assist you in your problems.

J,

Just install the damn thing so the jokes about having a "little peice of me in your tail" can start. :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't have the time or energy to install it after fucking with the untertail installation for a week!!! :evil:

So I have the cable situated next to the left openeing in the tail piece. I just reach up and grab it and give it a pull. Works great and unless you know its there you'd never find it. Cheap too!!! :grin:

Where did you mount your key for the seat assuming you did mount one of course...I may just go with a solenoid...I liked the way john01xx mounted his but wanted to see some other ideas as well

Hell... I'd like to see everyones ideas on this one, including the way john01xx did. Where is that post located under? I too am getting ready to put on a Mototeck undertail and it looks like it will be a interesting night in the garage :roll: I was also doing a search for help with the install on this but came up empty? I thought that there was a post on that somewhere on this board or was it a link to another?

I tried finding the pic of john01xx keylock but couldnt find it again...maybe he will chime in later...

So I have the cable situated next to the left openeing in the tail piece. I just reach up and grab it and give it a pull. Works great and unless you know its there you'd never find it. Cheap too!!!

After letting the cable end exit the left, tail exaust vent, I zip tied it to the frame grab rail. Works great. Forget the lock. :lol:

I ordered the previous model of undertail from sportbikeeffects.

Installed in about 3 hours on Thanksgiving. I haven't relocated the lock yet, but I was also thinking about installing a solenoid to fire the latch. Just gotta figure out the ins and outs.

BTW, Jeff was very helpful to me when I ordered my undertail

Looks great to.