Hokie

Do you have de-linked brakes?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• A) Yes
    • B) No
    • C) No, but I want them.
    • D) Hookers

I've done it, and like it a lot better. I was never a fan, because unlike ABS, the LBS does nothing a competent rider can't do themselves. If I want back brake, I know where the frickin' pedal is, same for the front.

With the new master cylinder I ended up around $500 dollars poorer, but I've spent more money on stupider things. I'd do it again.

Yep, I de-linked, and woun't ever put the stock crap back on. I am about $750 poorer, but I used all A/N anodized aluminum fittings from Goodrige with black coated line and replaced the Master, which is a must for proper feel and it gives more powerfull braking

Howie

Love the linked breaks. For me it works well. I was flying really hot into a corner at the "Gap" and thought for sure I was screwed because I was in full lean and ran out of road. I came onto the brakes and the bike just hugged in and took the corner. Another fellow was surprised at the same speed I was and his front tire slide out as his rear tire skiddered. I know it's not antilock, but it's worked great for me. I won't be changing them myself. If I come it to hot in a corner, I go for the rear brake and it hasn't failed to save me yet (linked brakes only, don't try this on a seperated system).

Yep, I de-linked, and woun't ever put the stock crap back on. I am about $750 poorer, but I used all A/N anodized aluminum fittings from Goodrige with black coated line and replaced the Master, which is a must for proper feel and it gives more powerfull braking

Howie

Where did you get all the parts?

This sounds pretty good to me!

Love the linked breaks. For me it works well. I was flying really hot into a corner at the "Gap" and thought for sure I was screwed because I was in full lean and ran out of road. I came onto the brakes and the bike just hugged in and took the corner. Another fellow was surprised at the same speed I was and his front tire slide out as his rear tire skiddered. I know it's not antilock, but it's worked great for me. I won't be changing them myself. If I come it to hot in a corner, I go for the rear brake and it hasn't failed to save me yet (linked brakes only, don't try this on a seperated system).

If you knock it up a few notches---be very careful--followed a guy at Laguna Seca--everytime he braked for a corner--the rear end would step out about a foot--Personally I gotta agree w/xrdracer-- they are shit

Hokie, I got all the line parts are from a local race shop that selles Goodridge and Earl's brake line components. The reason for the mix is that Goodridge doesn't or didn't sell the juntion piece I needed. I did use Goodridge -3 line though. VERY IMPORTANT: I ASSEMBLED THE LINES THEY ARE NOT A KIT. SO EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE CUT TO PROPER LENGTH AND ASSEMBLED, JUST LIKE IF IT WERE A RACE BIKE SET UP. As for the Master Cyl. and lever I sourced those from Japan as I have a very good connection over there, however, I believe the lever can be gotten in the states but the m/c must be gotten from Japan or Europe. I can help with part numbers and email addresses and contact names etc.. The M/C and lever look completely stock. You can see pics of the set up at photoisland.com, user- xrdracer, p/w-sydiebit31795

Cheers,

Howie