CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gold powder coating *new pic*

JohnSHenley

Hello fellow bird owners,

I just wanted to update on my project of getting a gold chrome powder coating finish on all my aluminium parts and well here it is! :grin:

At first I wasn’t satisfied with the result…seeing it indoors and all…but once the sun hits it WOW…. :shock:

So the picture of the front wheel doesn’t show half the shine it gets in outdoor lighting.

Unfortunately its raining today so no sunny pics…. :???:

I’m picking up the frame and swing arm tomorrow I’ll make sure to post a picture of all the parts.

Now I gotta figure out what color to paint the bird! :?:

http://public.fotki.com/johnhenley/mecaniq...ique/wheel.html

I lowsided the bird into a ditch....I was comming in way too hot on a real bad quality road.

Still not sunny outside...I cant wait to send a pic of all the parts I had done sitting in the sunlight.

My favorite parts right now are the frame and front forks...they did a real good job on those.

Here is a pic of what I have right now....still mroe to come like my rearsets and all....everything that isnt gold will be chromed this winter, like my brake calipers and little odds and ends.

I like Rickrad's Idea of a darker Silver....not as dark as the titanium bird but darker then the silver one....Bah I have all winter to make up my mind

http://public.fotki.com/johnhenley/mecaniq...ique/parts.html

I would paint it a dark blue to contrast that gold.  That would look super cool.  Or I still love the sound of a dark black cherry on a pearl base.

Both those colors would augment your gold quite nicely.

MMMM that sounds good

Here is a pic of what I have right now....still mroe to come like my rearsets and all....everything that isnt gold will be chromed this winter, like my brake calipers and little odds and ends.

I like Rickrad's Idea of a darker Silver....not as dark as the titanium bird but darker then the silver one....Bah I have all winter to make up my mind

http://public.fotki.com/johnhenley/mecaniq...ique/parts.html

It's coming along nicely. Must be great to see the result happening after the horrific first pics.....

For the rearsets, and possibly the clip-ons, look at: www.gillestooling.com

This will look nice in combination with the other gold products. I use them and I love them!