CBR1100XX.org Forum

turn signal indicator lamp

ericsh

:lol: Hello, I'm new to this post. Just got a 2002 Blackbird yesterday. 2800 miles, runs fine except - the right turn signal indicator on the dash illuminates constantly, however ALL 4 bulbs work (flash). The LEFT rear bulb does not illuminate like the other 3 when the directional is off. This is very puzzling??? Any expertise out there??? The bike is from a high humidity area, and I live in Phoenix. Thanks in advance, Eric

Check the wiring plugs at the rt. front T/S lamp (3) wires color coded and relace the bulb if the wires look ok, pull the mirror boot back you can pull the wires out to check that they are plugged into the correct colors. Bulb filaments can backfeed these circuts. The ground wire could be unplugged at that junction, the mirrors are probably installed at the dealer when it is uncrated, that would be my first guess, it was never plugged in tight by the tech and the ground is open backfeeding the circut.