CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fucking POS Honda-

Redbird

Lucky I brought my truck to PA, 'cause my bike is broke. Didn't realize it until arriving home, but I found the seat latch bolt had worked loose after only 32K miles, and there was nothing holding the seat down!

Fucking crap, I've heard this has happened to a couple other members, and I'm thinking of getting together a class action suit, this type of unreliability is unacceptable. I might have been stranded on the side of the road like that, could have been a real nightmare.

On a serious note- only things that seem to be missing are the bolt, and I'm guessing there was a spring in there? Bolt is easy, but it'll suck if I have to buy a whole new latch for the stupid spring. Anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks, Scot.

Any chance I could get you (or anyone) to post a pic of where the spring goes? If I could just figure out roughly what I need for a spring, I can probably fix this with a trip to the hardware store.

Edit- nevermind. Closer inspection clearly reveals where the spring goes and how big it need to be. I'll find something......

I also had a similar "equipment malfunction" as the rubber strap holding down my battery is now missing! Dammit Jim! Clearly Honda has no concern whatsoever about quality control as it quickly lowers itself to the depth of it's American counterparts. Shame on them! Anyone wanting to begin a class action lawsuit to put an immediate halt to this catastrophic decline just let me know!

To think that If my motorcycle was to become inverted that my battery would then hit the top of my seat bottom has caused me to slow down to a pace that I can no longer feel absolutely confident in dragging my pegs... this and that fact that I shimmed my tail 6mm but that's not important!

You think that's bad...

My velcro-strip on my tool kit is tearing apart from the rest of the pouch...

WTF!!!

MY tool kit...

And you all know how often I use my tools!

:wink:

And you all know how often I use my tools!  

We know how often you use THE tool.....

You have more than one ?

And you keep it in the pouch ?! :shock:

Isn't it uncomfortable ????

Tim, I'd blame Mrs. Redneck Roofwalker for this one ! :twisted: :wink:

I would be happy to show you how the latch looks - in person :cool:

Cheers,

Tim:

This happened to me. It's one of the 2 times I've had to use the extended warranty I bought. The dealer replaced it, then I had to take it home and adjust it so it worked :roll:

Tim:

This happened to me.  It's one of the 2 times I've had to use the extended warranty I bought.    The dealer replaced it, then I had to take it home and adjust it so it worked  :roll:

:pointup: :pointup: :pointup: Fucking dealers, sad, funny, but true.

My seat latch has been doing some wacky shit too... comes loose when it wants to, feels like the key is going to break when it doesn't want to unlatch when I want it to unlatch. Up to this point I was blaming it on the Corbin.

Thanks Joe. That was exactly what I was looking for. I just picked up a Corbin GF&L that will do my two-up duty. It needs a good whack, or a fat ass (mine) on the seat to get to to securely latch. It does pop off easily with the key though. I was thinking I neeeded to do something to extend the latch bar a little. As I will frequently be swapping the stock & Corbin (stock better for commuting with brief case bungied down), I was worried about breaking the latch itself. Two washers it is.