CBR1100XX.org Forum

Another attempted Dyno of the TurboXX

XX4me

After thinking that the clutch was slipping during my previous dynos I bought new clutch plates and stiffer Orient Express clutch springs.

My previous dynos were done with the boost set around 8-10 lbs and had some boost creep up that took it up to 12 lbs at 11K rpm.

I made a two stage boost control system using a solenoid and bleed valve that is activated by my high beam switch giving me a low stage of 8-10 lbs and a high stage of 17lbs.

There are three runs on this chart, two are high boost and one is low.

You'll notice that the two runs on high boost stop at about 7500 rpm that's because the clutch just let go.

Seems the boost and HP were climbing too fast for the clutch to hang on.

Bitch about it is it didn't feel like it was slipping on the street and now I have no idea how much she's really making until I can get a lock-up clutch.

No3dyno.jpg

Wow, I'm surprised the clutch still couldn't handle the power :???:

Damn shame mine won't be ready for NeXXt, or this would have been a lot closer than we both thought :wink:

Get it sorted before next season, Forrest, and we'll play in Arkansas.

Wow, I'm surprised the clutch still couldn't handle the power :???:

Damn shame mine won't be ready for NeXXt, or this would have been a lot closer than we both thought :wink:

Get it sorted before next season, Forrest, and we'll play in Arkansas.

No way Dude.

On the street I didn't notice any slipping on high boost, only insane worm hole like accelleration.

4th gear @ 148 mph the bike's trying to rip itself from my grasp and the front end wants to lift off the ground.

I'm not :poke: at you I just think it wouldn't have even been close, this thing is scary.

Yeah....his bike is SHIT compared !

It's like comparing a pocket bike to Ken Stotz bike.

Once a burnt pistin looser, always a burnt pistin looser !

Go hang with the faggots.....you looser !

ROFLMAO!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

You gonna go with a MRE or an Elton Fish unit? Looks like a billett basket and a lockup are in order. Don't know if they offer a 2 stage lockup for the bird though a single stage is readily available. If you were gonna do a lot of dragracing with it, I'd go ahead and get a cable clutch conversion as well. It'll let you "feel" what the clutch is doing a lot better and you can adjust the travel and freeplay to your liking. Elton has the lockup on an exchange basis (clutch cover) and also offers the cable conversion.

Dyno is pretty impressive till the cluch let go. 17 PSI.......tasty

Looks like I'll be in the market for a lock up. Violent J if you have any input as to what you think works best let me know. I mostly use the bike for street riding/racing. So I want something user friendly around town.

Elton does indeed offer a complete set up, but for something like $1800. :shock:

I'm hoping to set it up for a little less

Looks like I'll be in the market for a lock up. Violent J if you have any input as to what you think works best let me know. I mostly use the bike for street riding/racing. So I want something user friendly around town.

Elton does indeed offer a complete set up, but for something like $1800. :shock:  

I'm hoping to set it up for a little less

I think I paid around $250-$300 for my MRE, but I get stuff at dealer cost through my sponsor. I've heard a MTC 2 stage is way easier to set up. My is set up with no weight on the arms so it doesn't lock up hard until you hit about 6500 RPMs. I ride it on the street every day to work. Get a billet basket too. I got mine from Fallicon, MRE or MTC probably makes them too.

The real pain with a lock-up is that you will need an air shifter to shift under full power.  Or, you will need to train yourself to shift without the clutch (blip the throttle while pre-loading the clutch lever, or just get an ignition kill button and preload the lever with your foot.)  You WILL rip the bolts out of the case trying to shift when the lockup has pinched down tightly.  (Unless you tune it to be JUST tight enough to not slip.)

I use a Translogic electric shifter because at my local track to run in the street class you can't have an air shifter. Works great, alot of road racers use them too.