CBR1100XX.org Forum

Proportioning Valve Blew Up

Okay, so are these fairly easy to replace/rebuild?? Mine blew up yesterday at the end of a 300 mile loop, with a lot of hard riding/braking.

There was brake fluid all over everything I pulled it off the bike and looked at it like the idiot that I am. I don't want to de-link, I like the LBS and would like to fix this if possible.

Help Pleeeeease.

BTW, I didn't go down, it happened while slowing for a red light, the brakes stopped working, but I was able to slow in 1st gear to a nice stop. Someone was watching out for me.

Wow :!: :shock: Glad you got stopped safely.

That has to be the first REAL failure on our bikes.

You sure a line didn't loosen?

Make sure you get ALL the fluid off your bike, will do a lot of damage.

If it's bad, a new one is the only way. Don't think it can be rebuilt.

Thanks guys, Joe has hooked me up with a replacement. Now I am sitting at the front door eagerly awaiting the delivery :grin:

Bird is in pieces, all ready for the new valve. I got most of the fluid off in time, only etched a couple small places, that only I will notice. The fairings cover it all up anyway.

Maybe a new bike is what I need :twisted:

The more I think about it, and the more I tell people about it, the more I realize just how lucky my ass was.

Sometimes I don't get it :?: I wear a bullet-resistant vest and carry a gunbelt for a living. I ride like an idiot on my dirtbike and have crashed several times already. I ride *a wee fast* on the bird. I will probably die falling off a ladder while changing a lightbulb or something :lol: